Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

If the Ugarte links are to be believed we could see a pivot of Ugarte Kamara for the big games and then perhaps a more attacking Luiz, Ugarte, Kamara three with a more flair forward line for the lesser opponents. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, allani said:

No.  You would be right.  If he joins us he'll be an £80m player by the end of the season.

It's now or never for Ugarte, another season or two and his value will skyrocket.

• Like 3

Doubt Spurs can afford Ugarte unless they sell first. I mean most there big transfers are uasfally loan for 1 year and then pay the fee a year later. As they are constantly borrowing next year's money. 

That's gonna catch up with them. 

5 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Doubt Spurs can afford Ugarte unless they sell first. I mean most there big transfers are uasfally loan for 1 year and then pay the fee a year later. As they are constantly borrowing next year's money. 

Good point, especially with no CL money for a couple of seasons.  We could realistically leapfrog them.

Edited by duke313

17 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

They can if Kane leaves

2 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

They knows he's going, it's just a matter of who they can rinse the most cash from.

That said, they'll need to spend most of it on a replacement for him, not another DM.

Agreed. Can't see Kane having any relevance to Ugarte, especially if being completed next week (pinch of salt, of course).

10 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They can if Kane leaves

I'd have thought they'd need to spend anything they get for Kane in replacing his 30 goals a season, don't think a DM with no goals is going to do that.

8 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Wonder what Emery could do with him.

Good player but better value out there at the reported price. I’d rather Goncalves for the left side personally and he’d probably be cheaper to boot

• Like 3

No way he goes for £50m if Leicester get relegated (which is pretty likely at this point) tbf: something which Delaney seems to emphasise a lot, although he never states a fee

Edited by wishywashy

Re Barnes - I think he’s a good player and will add depth and quality to our squad. I think the signing makes sense and in typical underwhelming but excellent impact at Villa fashion he’d be a success. 

• Like 1

Emery could be considering a change i shape, or just giving himself options, but there is no place in our current set up for someone that can only play left wing. 

Like with the links to Ferran Torres, I think we’ll be looking at players with the ability to play anywhere across the frontline. 

Barnes can’t do that. 

14 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Re Barnes - I think he’s a good player and will add depth and quality to our squad. I think the signing makes sense and in typical underwhelming but excellent impact at Villa fashion he’d be a success. 

Would be pretty underwhelmed.  Position wise he would presumably be competing with Emi Buendia or JJ.  If we did sign Ugarte (or a CM of similar quality/qualities) then he'd be competing with McGinn, Buendia and JJ for the fourth "midfield" position and to be honest I don't think he'd be any better than those three (acknowledging that all four are quite different in terms of what they bring to the game).