Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

19 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Interesting link does anybody know if he is credible?  If this is true he is a very tidy player, very similar to Dougie in my eyes.

most articles arent credible tbh, are they?

i dont like Lukaku, but if emery could get him firing and at his best, he is deadly, however he is also a complete donkey if he isnt playing well.

I dont think the reports are realistic anyway tbh.

Just waiting for the Hector Bellerin rumors to appear. 

RB, free transfer, worked with Emery at Arsenal, previously been at, and currently linked to Betis where our new scouting guy comes from...

Not saying I want him, but wouldn't be surprised to see us linked unless Betis wraps this one up early.

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont like Lukaku, but if emery could get him firing and at his best, he is deadly, however he is also a complete donkey if he isnt playing well.

I don’t think we should be signing players who Emery “might” get a tune out of.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I don’t think we should be signing players who Emery “might” get a tune out of.

Unless Emery thinks he can get a tune out of them. 

I might be wrong, but after the seasons he’s had I think Emery will be given the keys to the bank account so to speak, I’m confident that every player we will sign in the summer is someone that Emery has asked for, rather than “club signings”

re Ceballos, if there is any truth in the rumours, how did he do at Arsenal?, and if he was decent, why didnt they try to sign him?

Is he a bit overrated?, or is he actually good and would be a good signing for us?

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Yeah no doubts he will bring in another CM but i doubt we would need to sign someone in the top calibre of Ugarte as we already have a top DM in Kamara, the areas we need to sign extremely highly rated players would be for the forward/winger areas and right back.. id be happy for Iroegunam to come back and be our back up for that DM area, Emery will have him improving rapidly

It depends if he wants to play a double pivot, and move Luiz further forward in to the  midfield 3 

Personally, I think Luiz is developing in to a complete midfielder, and his work further upfield, is looking good. I like to see him further forward, but his defensive work in the past , will serve him well in terms of becoming a rounded player.

Glad he stayed with us.

I would be happy if Ugarte came in.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Nah Lukaku for me is one of those players who doesn't know what his strengths are and it's hard to use him properly

He's a 6ft 4" 20 stone Michael Owen, his strengths are movement, acceleration speed and one touch finishing, its not back to goal hold the ball up target man which is what his size tells you he is, him and Benteke for example are polar opposites but lazily people just don't see it and play him wrong

My concern with him would be that's we'd still need to upgrade AMC and RW with him, he doesn't make those problems go away

23 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

re Ceballos, if there is any truth in the rumours, how did he do at Arsenal?, and if he was decent, why didnt they try to sign him?

Is he a bit overrated?, or is he actually good and would be a good signing for us?

Brother these this logic grinds my gears, i always say it.

As @Frodo above pointed out, See Arsenal fans re Emery.

Mings couldn't even get a game for Bournemouth etc.

Usually multiple reasons why certain things don't necessarily work out at certain clubs, at certain times etc.

Note: That doesn't mean he wouldn't be shite either lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah Lukaku for me is one of those players who doesn't know what his strengths are and it's hard to use him properly

He's a 6ft 4" 20 stone Michael Owen, his strengths are movement, acceleration speed and one touch finishing, its not back to goal hold the ball up target man which is what his size tells you he is, him and Benteke for example are polar opposites but lazily people just don't see it and play him wrong

My concern with him would be that's we'd still need to upgrade AMC and RW with him, he doesn't make those problems go away

You might be on to something, I'm sure I saw a pundit with experience on him say the reason he wasn't thriving under Tuchel is because they were trying to play him as some sort of Target man.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Strongly linked to Man U all season. But yeah, seen as the next Robbie Keane over here.

looks a great prospect....power, pace, poise and presence.

I would love to have him.

41 minutes ago, av1 said:

Unless Emery thinks he can get a tune out of them. 

I might be wrong, but after the seasons he’s had I think Emery will be given the keys to the bank account so to speak, I’m confident that every player we will sign in the summer is someone that Emery has asked for, rather than “club signings”

Lukaku is severely hit or miss though, wouldn’t be worth the risk. We can’t afford to get this window wrong, top 6 is there for the taking.

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Brother these this logic grinds my gears, i always say it.

As @Frodo above pointed out, See Arsenal fans re Emery.

Mings couldn't even get a game for Bournemouth etc.

Usually multiple reasons why certain things don't necessarily work out at certain clubs, at certain times etc.

Note: That doesn't mean he wouldn't be shite either lol

OK good point.

So is he any good?