Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Wouldn’t anyone take Firmino on a free? I know ex-Liverpool players were a thing under Gerrard, and he’s over 30 and probably looking high wages. But a younger Firmino would be perfect in that deeper striker role.

I wouldnt. Old and injury prone. Gives me coutinho vibes. Would rathee have tammy ahead of him

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WallisFrizz said:

Ok say there is a grain of truth in this. Do we want people who don’t really want to come and are maybe being pushed towards moves by their clubs. 

Asensio seems fine with being a super sub for Real, I think they are working on an extension for him

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Wouldn’t anyone take Firmino on a free? I know ex-Liverpool players were a thing under Gerrard, and he’s over 30 and probably looking high wages. But a younger Firmino would be perfect in that deeper striker role.

Can you not mention his name so soon after that late drama 😂

Very talented but Ceballos is a right wally. Proper bonehead on the pitch IMO.

If he had a genius like Emery saying be in exactly these areas and do exactly these things he could be brilliant.

At his worst, he's exactly like Buendia on one of his off days. Does 90% of the hard work but still wastes the ball 90% of the time.

I think he's only worth bringing in if Emery thinks he's nailed to start most of our bigger games.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's he done lately? Tapped ball for Kane free kick then 0 goals 1 assist previous 16 appearances. 

Unsure, but he is a quality player. I know they didn't get anything against us but him coming on changed the flow of the game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not sure how much he’d cost, but Bryan Mbeumo would be an upgrade on Bailey. Didn’t realise he’s only 23, looks about 30 😂

He would be. Looks like he finally had his shooting boots on today. His finishing is usually atrocious.

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Ok say there is a grain of truth in this. Do we want people who don’t really want to come and are maybe being pushed towards moves by their clubs. 

I’d happily have him

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Ceballos makes no sense unless we're selling one of Kamara or Douglas Luiz this summer.  Asensio, on the other hand, would be a meltdown signing that instantly transforms our attack.  

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

That's it. We need a facepalm reaction option.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

What's he done lately? Tapped ball for Kane free kick then 0 goals 1 assist previous 16 appearances. 

This is where your love of stats can be misleading - they don’t take into consideration other factors like those 16 games have been under the car crash which was Conte’s end of reign, Stellini and now Ryan Mason. Spurs have been shite this year but could pip us to Europe, I’d definitely take him, as he’s versatile and still only 23. 

• Thanks 1