Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

The Europa and Europa Conference leagues if that wasn't clear. It kind of does. I don't think there's much to it but I can see the logic behind the suggestion. 

If it was true you would just play a team of 18 year olds in it and not worry about it.

• Haha 1

I think Emery will be a big pull for players as ultimately he makes players better and that won’t go unnoticed by some. 

Obviously some players will be driven by just money but others will see the whole package, a club on the up, awesome coach and a family feel and atmosphere, great facilities and also the cash to go with it all as well. 

We’re an attractive proposition for anyone outside the elite players. 

• Like 1

Just now, burchy said:

I think Emery will be a big pull for players as ultimately he makes players better and that won’t go unnoticed by some. 

Obviously some players will be driven by just money but others will see the whole package, a club on the up, awesome coach and a family feel and atmosphere, great facilities and also the cash to go with it all as well. 

We’re an attractive proposition for anyone outside the elite players. 

And they get to play with the best GK in the world....

• Like 1

Would be pretty interested to see us take a punt on Emil Holm from Spezia. 23 years old, 6ft 3 RB who is really really quick, great engine, has a great shot and a fantastic attitude.

He's gone from the IFK Göteborg bench to Denmark to Spezia in Serie A to being a starter for Sweden and being linked to Juventus in about 2 seasons. 

Would not cost a lot or be on big wages. And he's nicknamed The Moose :D 

That is if we plan to have Cash as the starting option and not go out and spend big on a RB

Edit:

Edited by sne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

Would be pretty interested to see us take a punt on Emil Holm from Spezia. 23 years old, 6ft 3 RB who is really really quick, great engine, has a great shot and a fantastic attitude.

He's gone from the IFK Göteborg bench to Denmark to Spezia in Serie A to being a starter for Sweden and being linked to Juventus in about 2 seasons. 

That is if we plan to have Cash as the starting option and not go out and spend big on a RB

I could see both our starting fullbacks from last year being in jeopardy of being sold given Moreno’s purchase and the adaptation of the RB role. 

We could therefore be in a position,  perhaps not this Summer window, but Jan or next summer, cashing in on Cash and bringing in another, perhaps younger, RB option. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Has been injured since February when Spezia have sunk since then

But he doesnt have a beard so its a No 😞

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has been injured since February when Spezia have sunk since then

But he doesnt have a beard so its a No 😞

Yeah he's been injured a bit too much this season. Supposedly he'll be back for the last game or games.

2 hours ago, sne said:

And he's nicknamed The Moose :D 

Must sign.

He's so beautifully ugly. Looks like a teenager that gets into fights 8 days a week.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Haha 1

Wouldn’t anyone take Firmino on a free? I know ex-Liverpool players were a thing under Gerrard, and he’s over 30 and probably looking high wages. But a younger Firmino would be perfect in that deeper striker role.

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Wouldn’t anyone take Firmino on a free? I know ex-Liverpool players were a thing under Gerrard, and he’s over 30 and probably looking high wages. But a younger Firmino would be perfect in that deeper striker role.

Nope, I'd prefer Zaha if we were going down that route.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'd want  him. He won't  necessarily want a guaranteed starting place, bags of class and experience. Yes it's  only  short term, but we need a back up striker. Would leave us with Ollie, him and one of Duran/Archer

Edit: oh  and it fulfils the important criterion of signing players that score/play well against us

Edited by one_ian_taylor

45 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yeah, I think he'd be a good squad option - he's a link man, comfortable in possession and advancing the play. 

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, I think he'd be a good squad option - he's a link man, comfortable in possession and advancing the play. 

But why would he leave Liverpool bench for our bench.  He’s going because he wants regular first team football.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

But why would he leave Liverpool bench for our bench.  He’s going because he wants regular first team football.

The canals?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Dunno really, depends what offers he gets, I suppose.