Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Do people actually watch Portuguese football or South American international games, or is Ugarte good on certain computer game(s)/rated by pundits?

Both of the above I'm guessing. 

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Both of the above I'm guessing. 

Yeah, I’m not belittling it. I’d get excited by links based on FM - not even ashamed.

Kamara is immense on there, was highly rated by some European pundits = “this guy will be class”.  That’s what formed my view rather than watching Marseille week-in, week-out. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah, I’m not belittling it. I’d get excited by links based on FM - not even ashamed.

Kamara is immense on there, was highly rated by some European pundits = “this guy will be class”.  That’s what formed my view rather than watching Marseille week-in, week-out. 

I used to do that too. Never really played FIFA but countless of days on Championship/Football Manager back in the day. Still a stain on this great club that we never signed Peter Prospar or Sixto Perralta 😀

Not played since 2017 or so, so I doubt Ugarte or Kamara were in the game at that time but I have actually seen Kamara play for Marseille in Marseille back in 2018. He played CB that time. If I watch French football it's often Marseille. Used to be PSG too when Zlatan was there. And Kamara was one I really, really wanted us to get. I also thought Sanson would work out better than he did...

Ugarte I've only watched a few times so I'm mainly going by scout reports and the fact that I've always wanted us to sign some Uruguayan players. They always seem to have fantastic attitude and I'm fascinated by how a country of about 3m can produce so many top players.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Do people actually watch Portuguese football or South American international games, or is Ugarte good on certain computer game(s)/rated by pundits?

Haven’t heard of him before we were linked to him to be honest.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Possibly good news in our pursuit 🤞

I dont know why, but looking at both our games the weekend, and how Klopp likes to play, I've got a sneaky feeling they'll try and make a move for our beautiful big-arsed McGinniesta.

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Depends what you mean by "pundits". The likes of the lads on BT have probably never watched him play but one of the good things about modern football is that there's heaps of well-informed people from scouts, coaches to general reporters who do cover the sport in those regions and whose insights are readily accessible. Can't speak for computer games but he's otherwise extremely highly-rated and seen as quite a natural fit for a number of top sides in Europe.

I can confirm we're not actually interested in Ugarte, we've already got Luiz and Kamara who play in his position, and whilst it might be good to have someone as good or even better than those two, we're not Real Madrid and have players that good or better on the bench, so unless one of Luiz or Kamara is sold we won't be signing him, also we aren't going to suddenly decide to play Luiz on the left wing, when he's arguably been our best player in his current position.

Yes I'm reliably informed that we need strong competition in every position, but have to be realistic.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

I can confirm we're not actually interested in Ugarte, we've already got Luiz and Kamara who play in his position, and whilst it might be good to have someone as good or even better than those two, we're not Real Madrid and have players that good or better on the bench, so unless one of Luiz or Kamara is sold we won't be signing him, also we aren't going to suddenly decide to play Luiz on the left wing, when he's arguably been our best player in his current position.

Yes I'm reliably informed that we need strong competition in every position, but have to be realistic.

Strange post. Is this satire?

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, useless said:

Ok then so who are we interested in?

Well lets see if we sign Ugarte then or attempt to, or sign another midfielder of his playing description and stature. The closet we will get is probably Guendouzi, and he would make more senes as as well as playing in the midfield two can also play in McGinn or Ramsey role, and not only can play in their role but often does.

I'm pretty sure most had never even heard of Ugarte up until a few weeks ago, just like last summer when many decided Nunes was an amazing player, but I used search function and no had barely even mentioned him on this site before he was linked to Wolves in the media.

• Thanks 1

If Ugarte is as good as people saying and in as much demand then we aren't going to sign him based on the off chance that Kamara picks up an injury, and he wouldn't join us to fulfil that role either. We can buy an improvement on Dendoncker if that's what we feel we need without it having to be supposedly one of the most wanted midfielders in Europe.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Well we’ve scouted Sporting, so must be interested in someone there? Why not Ugarte?

Marcus Edwards would be a decent shout if we're looking for Bailey type replacement.

Kamara's missed about 15 games this season injured so yes him and Luiz with McGinn advanced has been very good so far under Emery but we've only had it for less than half the games played so we certainly need another quality CM in this summer.

Only played 3 cup games aswell so that will hopefully improve next year.