Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Ugarte starts alongside Bouba. We have Dougie and McGinn in more advanced roles and Dougie can rotate with Ugarte. Plus, we could still sign Guendouzi. So we’d have a very competitive midfield. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Ugarte starts alongside Bouba. We have Dougie and McGinn in more advanced roles and Dougie can rotate with Ugarte. Plus, we could still sign Guendouzi. So we’d have a very competitive midfield. 

Emery wants different options, for the double pivot we would have a combination of a) Ugarte x Kamara, b) Kamara x Luiz or c) Luiz x Ugarte. Different combos for different opponents.  We could also change to a midfield 3 if needed.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Emery wants different options, for the double pivot we would have a combination of a) Ugarte x Kamara, b) Kamara x Luiz or c) Luiz x Ugarte. Different combos for different opponents.  We could also change to a midfield 3 if needed.

someone linked an article at some point, where Emery said his preferred formation was 4141 or 433, but he uses 442 a lot as its a better defensive formation, harder to break down and makes teams more competitive (i think he meant more competitive if they are an underdog team).

i wonder if he gets enough of his own signings in this summer, whether he would revert to a 4141 or 433, so Luiz, Kamara and Ugarte in a midfield 3 (in the 433 or 4141)

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Can't see Ugarte signing without Alemany?

The timing would suggest that him joining is tied to a big signing. I don’t think it’s just about salary but who he can potentially sign too. 

2 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

So with the news about Alemany not joining, we can probably assume that our links to players in the Spanish press are bs. Especially if they keep referencing them as Alemany targets.

I mean there was so many links that there had to be more than an element of that anyway, but ultimately we did sign Moreno and by many accounts tried to sign Nico Williams months before there was any talk of Alemany (who isn't a scout or anything like that anyway) so I would imagine it'll still be a market you'll see there be a lot of movement in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

I mean there was so many links that there had to be more than an element of that anyway, but ultimately we did sign Moreno and by many accounts tried to sign Nico Williams months before there was any talk of Alemany (who isn't a scout or anything like that anyway) so I would imagine it'll still be a market you'll see there be a lot of movement in.

Tbf I was a bit rattled because of things at work at the time of typing this 😂. My heads a lot clearer now, but I do agree with what you’re saying.

• Haha 1