Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

56 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It's odd because that tweet is posted from what seems to be a reliable aggregator, but there's nothing saying that from the source (or anyone else, for that matter): no article, no tweets, nothing.

25 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I can see him going to PSG. Barca want to re-sign Messi and Real are trying again for mBappe, so if those deals happen I can see PSG move for him and Kane.

I think mane will come back PL and he will have a lot of suitors.

Maybe even newcastle might enter the race

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Mane will want £200k a week at least. I suppose you have to weigh that up against the fact there is no transfer fee involved. 

Excellent player, no doubt. 

Mane feels like a signing which is 2 seasons ahead or when we'd be looking at that market (if that makes sense).

Top end player, peak of his career, I doubt he'd want a "project" and we're not really in a position to be sacking off our current development to be accommodating a 1 or 2 season player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Absolutely.

Pau Torres, Ugarte and Ferran Torres would be the start of an incredible window.

Fixed for you.  I think we will sign (or try and sign) more than 1 attacking player this window.  And a reserve keeper who won't look like conceding 3 or 4 every time he plays. 

Torres probably means that we don't need to sign a RB if the training videos that show Konsa playing wider are deemed to suggest that might be under consideration.  I would assume that our midfield would see Luiz playing with Ugarte and Kamara - with McGinn being the back-up to those three (but still getting lots of minutes as those guys are working hard and so will be rotating lots) plus a new "wide" player who is good with the ball at their feet - with JJ / Buendia as back-up.  And a goalscorer to play something akin to the Bailey role - but maybe being slightly more interchangeable with Ollie.  Suddenly loads of options to switch things around depending on match situation, the opposition (i.e. having McGinn as the fourth midfielder if we aren't expecting much possession and so want someone maurauding around disrupting the opposition), fatigue, suspensions, etc.

4 good signings would be transformational.

At the back I think keeping hold of Martinez is obviously imperative. Eveyone's happy with him, not so with Olsen though and Steer is surely off. The nippers are surely looking for loans so a new back up keeper is something most of us seem to agree on needing to think about, so too a new RB as Young is not getting any younger. But competition for Cash. We don't need back-ups at this point. We have 3 decent CB's imo and one who is on his way out (Hause) and Chambers, who hasn't done a lot wrong here to be fair to him. But that 4th option at CB seems an obvious place we could look to upgrade. As for the LB's I'd be equally happy with keeping both Digne and Moreno but if Digne is too expensive or not happy warming the bench happy to let him go if there's a suitor out there. that's 3 players in and 5 out though and the Digne question.

So GK, RB, CB in. Steer, Olsen, Hause, Chambers and Young out. And then Digne - stick or twist?

WIth Kamara and Luiz the double pivot looks good but Nakamba is surely off and I suspect Emery will want someone better on the ball than Dendonker, decent though he's been. McGinn has deputised well on occasion but is destined for a role further forward imo so 1 or 2 DCM's in as direct replacements for Marv and Leo would be my shout.

2xDCM in. Nakamba and Dendonker out.

And jumping for a moment to the striker - Watkins obviously, but what's going to happen with Duran and Archer? I'm quite vocal in giving Archer his chance. so I'd stick for this window. Wesley to leave though along with Davis.

Davis and Wesley out

The rest though whether as wide players in a four or the number 10, second striker inverted wingers etc there's only really McGinn and Jacob Ramsey there's no question mark over. Sanson, Traore, Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho there's a case to be made for all of them looking over their shoulders at least. But I'm talking about 3 positions and I've only nailed on 2 players so far. I'd personally keep hold of Buendia and try looking for 2 more options and offload the rest

AM/FLC, AM/FRC in. Sanson, Traore, Bailey, Coutinho out

Whether Archer is counted amongst these guys or a striker in our ranks he has to be involved for me. Can Philogene/Azaz/A.Ramsey/Iroegbunam/Bogarde/KKH etc save us some time and money by stepping up into a first team role? While I'm mostly sceptical, it's the first time I remember us having a load of nippers who actually have been away and done well perhaps in the past we've had one or 2 shine on loan. FFP wise it's a huge bonus having youth players like JJ come through. Perhaps I'm being overly hopeful.

And then I think, well, Digne and Dendonker could be an issue for a future window and Duran out on loan and a striker in could make sense to me. And offloading players is easier on paper than it is in reality. Will anyone really be interested in Coutinho?

2 options everywhere = 6 in for me

Martinez - NEW GK

Cash - NEW RB

Moreno - Digne

Mings - Konsa - Carlos - NEW CB

Luiz - Kamara - Dendonker - NEW DCM

McGinn - JJ - NEW AMR - NEW AML

Watkins - Buendia - Duran - Archer

12 Out - Steer, Olsen, Young, Hause, Chambers, Nakamba, Sanson, Coutinho, Bailey, Traore, Davis, Wesley

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Kyle walker Peters being heavily linked according to teamtalk. They use the word "understands" which basically is a word used when its probably bollocks to cover themselves 

Awful, awful source. Might as well quote HITC while you're at it. 

7 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

At the back I think keeping hold of Martinez is obviously imperative. Eveyone's happy with him, not so with Olsen though and Steer is surely off. The nippers are surely looking for loans so a new back up keeper is something most of us seem to agree on needing to think about, so too a new RB as Young is not getting any younger. But competition for Cash. We don't need back-ups at this point. We have 3 decent CB's imo and one who is on his way out (Hause) and Chambers, who hasn't done a lot wrong here to be fair to him. But that 4th option at CB seems an obvious place we could look to upgrade. As for the LB's I'd be equally happy with keeping both Digne and Moreno but if Digne is too expensive or not happy warming the bench happy to let him go if there's a suitor out there. that's 3 players in and 5 out though and the Digne question.

So GK, RB, CB in. Steer, Olsen, Hause, Chambers and Young out. And then Digne - stick or twist?

WIth Kamara and Luiz the double pivot looks good but Nakamba is surely off and I suspect Emery will want someone better on the ball than Dendonker, decent though he's been. McGinn has deputised well on occasion but is destined for a role further forward imo so 1 or 2 DCM's in as direct replacements for Marv and Leo would be my shout.

2xDCM in. Nakamba and Dendonker out.

And jumping for a moment to the striker - Watkins obviously, but what's going to happen with Duran and Archer? I'm quite vocal in giving Archer his chance. so I'd stick for this window. Wesley to leave though along with Davis.

Davis and Wesley out

The rest though whether as wide players in a four or the number 10, second striker inverted wingers etc there's only really McGinn and Jacob Ramsey there's no question mark over. Sanson, Traore, Bailey, Buendia, Coutinho there's a case to be made for all of them looking over their shoulders at least. But I'm talking about 3 positions and I've only nailed on 2 players so far. I'd personally keep hold of Buendia and try looking for 2 more options and offload the rest

AM/FLC, AM/FRC in. Sanson, Traore, Bailey, Coutinho out

Whether Archer is counted amongst these guys or a striker in our ranks he has to be involved for me. Can Philogene/Azaz/A.Ramsey/Iroegbunam/Bogarde/KKH etc save us some time and money by stepping up into a first team role? While I'm mostly sceptical, it's the first time I remember us having a load of nippers who actually have been away and done well perhaps in the past we've had one or 2 shine on loan. FFP wise it's a huge bonus having youth players like JJ come through. Perhaps I'm being overly hopeful.

And then I think, well, Digne and Dendonker could be an issue for a future window and Duran out on loan and a striker in could make sense to me. And offloading players is easier on paper than it is in reality. Will anyone really be interested in Coutinho?

2 options everywhere = 6 in for me

Martinez - NEW GK

Cash - NEW RB

Moreno - Digne

12 Out - Steer, Olsen, Young, Hause, Chambers, Nakamba, Sanson, Coutinho, Bailey, Traore, Davis, Wesley

Could we keep Tim as backup to Luiz?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Martinez - NEW GK

Cash - NEW RB

Moreno - Digne

I think the plan might be for Konsa to fill RB and CB cover (although I am not convinced if that is a plan / should be a plan).  I would swap one of your attacking midfielders for a forward (especially as you have included Buendia there rather than in the AM category - and not because I am saying that Emi needs replacing) where the forward is more of a 10 than a 9 (in old parlance) but would still be aiming to get into double figures.  I'd like the other new AM to be getting close to double figures too (with McGinn, JJ and Buendia then chipping in a few between them).   That would take a lot of pressure off Ollie.  It would give us a credible goal threat across the front 3.  It leaves us options for rotation.  And we have cover if Ollie gets injured without having an expensive player sat on the bench.  Plus it allows us more chance to give Duran or Archer game time and the space to find their feet in the league.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The good old days!

i remember she once hounded me on social media as she was adamant I was Paul Lambert using an alias to talk too fans..... demanding i met her and everything

full on lunatic

her mate shelley was the same - wonder if she ever got the remi garde shaped dildo from out of her !

Villa supporting is boring without such lunacy - i kind of miss it !

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Mings will be Still our starting centre back next season

He should be at least!

If anything, someone should be coming to try to compete with , or backup to him!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

i remember she once hounded me on social media as she was adamant I was Paul Lambert using an alias to talk too fans..... demanding i met her and everything

full on lunatic

her mate shelley was the same - wonder if she ever got the remi garde shaped dildo from out of her !

Villa supporting is boring without such lunacy - i kind of miss it !

Wait... Was this Hairy Hands suspicion? 🤔

4 hours ago, The_Steve said:

We don’t know how good Diego will be after such a serious injury 

Agreed, I think a lot depends on this regarding defensive incomings. 

A fit Diego gives us so many options. He is obviously right footed but was very comfortable playing left center back at his previous club so ultimately covers two positions. It also gives Emery option of utilising Konsa as RB when a more defensive approach is needed. 

If he shows in pre season that he is completely over the injury, I don’t think we’ll go into the market for a CB (at least not a permanent big money one). I think Mings, Konsa and Diego will rotate with either Chambers retained as the 4th option, or a young “one for the future” type signing coming in instead. 

If the injury has had a big impact, then we will probably need to go big on a CB. So much depends on what he shows in pre season. 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He should be at least!

If anything, someone should be coming to try to compete with , or backup to him!

Agreed mate. No only has Mings shown again this season what a top class player he is, he’s also the leader of the team (no disrespect intended to McGinn). 

The grief he gets from some quarters (mainly opposition fans it must be said) is laughable, though not unsurprising. 

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wait... Was this Hairy Hands suspicion? 🤔

i wasnt hairy hands, no - if he got it as bad as me, then god he got it bad......

odd job

4 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Torres is a great player, but I don't see him displacing Mings from the starting 11 unless Tyrone starts having howlers again like he did under Slippy G.  Torres has Kamara's passing ability, but he would be the least physical of all our CBs, including Chambers, and he is very weak in the air.  Mings and Konsa have been one of the best CB partnerships in the Premier League under Emery so far.  Does that mean they can't be improved?  Not at all, but when you have a quality CB like Diego Carlos stuck on the bench because Mings & Konsa are playing so well, it's hard to believe we're going to spend 30 million on a player to replace Chambers on the bench.  

• Like 3