Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Seems we are interested in Pau Torres for €30,00m.  Would be a statement signing, linked with some big clubs in past.  Certainly fits the ball playing defender Emery wants.

Don't know much about him, but absolutely the 'kind of' signing we need.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Seems we are interested in Pau Torres for €30,00m.  Would be a statement signing, linked with some big clubs in past.  Certainly fits the ball playing defender Emery wants.

This is the centre back we should be going all out for.

The pairing of Torres and Carlos would be phenomenal, alternating with Konsa and Mings.   🔥

• Like 3

Emile Smith Rowe allegedly being jettisoned.

Was he a Slippy G target? If so I doubt unai will be interested.

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

He was a Smith target, and I'm not sure it would matter anyway as Emery will know him quite well from his time at Arsenal.

• Like 2

Love how the media are trying to sell Dibu. The idea that anyone wants to buy Kepa and Mendy in the summer is hilarious. Think it's all noise to get him a pay rise - which he totally warrants. 

19 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

we were interested in him (allegedly) during the Smith era (just before Grealish left).

• Like 1

I know we are being linked with everyone at the moment so who knows what actually ends up happening. 

However what I will say is without Europe its difficult to see how the likes of Pau Torres and Ugarte make too much sense. 

Mings and Luiz both have an excellent shout of being player of season. You dont bring in someone on big money to replace that player without them being seriously pissed off. 

If we have loads of games and its about competition then great but heavily contingent on Europe in my book. 

Our defense and midfield has been very very good under Emery, its attacking positions which need addressing. 

We don’t know how good Diego will be after such a serious injury - and in the summer we are going to need to shift Chambers and Hause. We need quality rotational options. Not players just to occupy the bench. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

I think his agent used us to get him an improved contract with the Gooners and it worked. We made a couple of offers, but he never really wanted to leave them. He's shown a lot of potential and has played for England (playing for Arsenal that's almost a given), but he has not moved forwards since then, mainly due to injury. I thought Arteta rated him, so I would be surprised if he was being "jettisoned", even more so, if he ended up with us.  

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Would anyone take mane? Mujich are letting him go in summer

I know its ambitious but why not? He is unbelievable on his day.

Questions over his attitude though

I would..but it would all depend on fee and wages

11 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I know we are being linked with everyone at the moment so who knows what actually ends up happening. 

However what I will say is without Europe its difficult to see how the likes of Pau Torres and Ugarte make too much sense. 

Mings and Luiz both have an excellent shout of being player of season. You dont bring in someone on big money to replace that player without them being seriously pissed off. 

If we have loads of games and its about competition then great but heavily contingent on Europe in my book. 

Our defense and midfield has been very very good under Emery, its attacking positions which need addressing. 

Is the general consensus not that the current squad is looking a bit tired, and that's even without cup/euro football.  We have very little rotation options at present. 

Also, the two players you've mentioned (Pau Torres and Ugarte), in their positions we've had serious injury issues with players currently playing there this season. Some quality additions needed to cover/rotate.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would anyone take mane? Mujich are letting him go in summer

I know its ambitious but why not? He is unbelievable on his day.

Questions over his attitude though

I can see him going to PSG. Barca want to re-sign Messi and Real are trying again for mBappe, so if those deals happen I can see PSG move for him and Kane.

3 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I can see him going to PSG. Barca want to re-sign Messi and Real are trying again for mBappe, so if those deals happen I can see PSG move for him and Kane.

Would be a bold move to get rid of Neymar, Messi and Mbappe in the same window.