Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Collomosse mentioned him to be fair which gives some credence to it. Doubt he'd have been spoken about so much otherwise.

Fair enough 👍 Don't think there's anything to it tbf. 

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I don't think he was very good for City. Wasn't very good for Barca, their fans are pretty pleased to move him on.

I thought he was excellent for City especially when he played as a false 9 but hasn’t been great for Barca at his age he just needs a regular run playing football.

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I don't think he was very good for City. Wasn't very good for Barca, their fans are pretty pleased to move him on.

He had a better than 1 in 3 strike record for City aged 19/20. What didn't you like about it?

i'd be happy with either Barnes or Torres, both good players and better than what we already have imo. Barnes is a hell of a lot more consistent than any option we currently have and is still young so will probably improve with better coaching and playing in a decent team. We know he can cut it in the prem and he consistently returns decent figures. if there is deal to be done then we should pursue it, i think the majority of villa fans would be pretty happy with a signing like that. Similar to ESR who we went after last summer

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

I thought he was excellent for City especially when he played as a false 9 but hasn’t been great for Barca at his age he just needs a regular run playing football.

Ya I always thought he looked a great talent, Still young and if we go for him it means unai sees something in him, so yes for me

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, allani said:

If the link is genuine then there is no way that we are going for Torres without both Emery and Alemany running with it.  In which case you'd imagine that they are both convinced that that talent can be unlocked.  I suspect we are in a good position to take advantage of the inevitable summer firesale at Barcelona as Alemany has half a foot in both doors.  I can imagine us getting a couple of the younger talents he's taken to Barcelona so that their President can sign his "impact" players.  At the very worst we will know much better than other clubs what the lowest offer that would be accepted will be.  And I don't think that Alemany has burnt enough bridges for Barca to add an extra £10m on anyone we try and sign.

Alemany will know him from Valencia as well. Think he had left by the time they sold him to City thou. If they want him then so be it, sure they know what they are getting.

Fully prepared to be linked to every Barca player and La Liga player that's being shopped and maybe there is something in this one. Or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Just looking at the numbers16 goals in 43 games for City, 14 in 67 for Barcelona and 15 in 35 for Spain - is a considerable upgrade on anything in our current squad.  I think he'd get a lot more goal-scoring chances playing for us too and would appear to be an almost perfect fit in terms of Emeryball - so I'd be hopeful that his numbers for us would be better.  We desperately need someone to be scoring 10 goals a season alongside Ollie and even without Emery magic that looks achievable.  Hope that offers some crumbs of optimism for you.

• Like 3

I would be extremely disappointed with Harvey Barnes.  He's the most Martin O'Neill-type signing we could make besides Dwight McNeil...  English, overpriced, and overrated.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I would be extremely disappointed with Harvey Barnes.  He's the most Martin O'Neill-type signing we could make besides Dwight McNeil...  English, overpriced, and overrated.  

And over here. 

10 minutes ago, allani said:

Just looking at the numbers16 goals in 43 games for City, 14 in 67 for Barcelona and 15 in 35 for Spain - is a considerable upgrade on anything in our current squad.  I think he'd get a lot more goal-scoring chances playing for us too and would appear to be an almost perfect fit in terms of Emeryball - so I'd be hopeful that his numbers for us would be better.  We desperately need someone to be scoring 10 goals a season alongside Ollie and even without Emery magic that looks achievable.  Hope that offers some crumbs of optimism for you.

image.thumb.png.afb87c30e41f36911e998990be28c00c.png

He's been good overall in the games he's started for Spain and Barcelona this season.  His stats have been heavily diluted by his substitution appearances.  He's also been pretty open about his mental health struggles and how seeing a psychologist has helped him tremendously.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He's played and started for Man City, Barcelona and Spain.

So to some not good enough for villa?

Ok then.

Nah, that's not it.

If it's a choice of Torres or no one I'd happily take Torres. Good player who'd improve both our squad and our starting 11. Good signing for the right money.

He's not the only possible target out there thou.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Not sure why so many of you are so focused on Barnes tbh - he's not the right kind of player for us at all. 

Might be a recency bias thing, he did score a cracking goal for Leicester against us. Some people only watch Villa and he usually has a good game. 

I’m not expert in the European leagues these days but I wouldn’t want Barnes either. 

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

I’m sure this Reshad Rahman is pretty reliable for Barca news so who knows Ferran would fit our team like a glove imo

He's an aggregator, barca twitter's equivalent of villareport (spreader of bare faced lies, evil propaganda, responsible for all that is wrong with the world, etc etc.)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Might be a recency bias thing, he did score a cracking goal for Leicester against us. Some people only watch Villa and he usually has a good game. 

I’m not expert in the European leagues these days but I wouldn’t want Barnes either. 

Looking forward to more suggestions of Shane Long and Vagner Love this transfer window by the same crowd.  

Edited by KMitch
  • Haha 2