Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Who should we pick up from Leicester, Leeds or Southampton when they're relegated.

First choice and 2nd choice please

Lavia &  Livramento perhaps. Depending on how his knees has healed.

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Who should we pick up from Leicester, Leeds or Southampton when they're relegated.

Fair question but honestly don’t see us looking at any of them now. We’re in different market. I personally wouldn’t turn down any of these at the right price though:

Leicester:  Tielemans, Barnes 

Leeds: Gnoto, Sinisterra

Southampton: Lavia, Alcaraz

35 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We could use Barnes for sure, he's 25 and loads of PL experience. Can play up top of in LM

Barnes might not be the most exciting signing but he’s definitely an upgrade on some of our players on stats alone. Add another 2-3 players like that and we’re definitely better off next season.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Happily have Barnes in the squad, not sure I'd be willing to pay what he'd cost thou. Guessing £50m-£60m + £150k-£200k/w?

Those figures look really high to me.  If they get relegated I reckon £30m and closer to £100k per week.  I think there is decent value to be had there.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

No one...  They're all garbage for the price they'll want.  Leicester's best players are extremely inconsistent, have injury problems, or old, Leeds has a bunch of overrated youngsters and mid-table championship players, and Southampton have JWP, a squad of duds, and a couple of promising players who are always on the treatment table.  

• Like 2

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Those figures look really high to me.  If they get relegated I reckon £30m and closer to £100k per week.  I think there is decent value to be had there.

For that money he'd be a very good signing. He has 2 years left on his contract so doubt Leicester would let him go for a similar fee to what Brighton paid for Joao Pedro from Watford. 

Maybe if he forced a move.

12 minutes ago, sne said:

Happily have Barnes in the squad, not sure I'd be willing to pay what he'd cost thou. Guessing £50m-£60m + £150k-£200k/w?

no way

1 minute ago, sne said:

For that money he'd be a very good signing. He has 2 years left on his contract so doubt Leicester would let him go for a similar fee to what Brighton paid for Joao Pedro from Watford. 

Maybe if he forced a move.

They might have to cut their wage bill so not in that great a bargaining position.  Google says he's on anything between £40k and £100k a week, if it's towards the upper end I can't see them being able to keep him in the Championship.

Just think the Barnes asking price would be too high.

Fits the profile we need desperately on either flank. A pacy dribbler that can take their man on 1v1.

If you look at the clubs with a similar set up tactically, they all have direct, pacy players in those wide positions. Arsenal (Saka and Martinelli), City (Grealish/Mahrez), Brighton (Mitoma, March, etc), Barcelona (Dembele/Raphinha on one side and either Alba/Balde on the other).

Whilst we have Moreno (who while a good LB option is hardly at the level of the others) and the husks of Bailey/Traore and occasionally McGinn.

We really need to improve that profile of our squad to consistently generate chances.

Edited by DJBOB

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Barnes or Asensio? Just asking

Edited by pintpotvilla

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

They might have to cut their wage bill so not in that great a bargaining position.  Google says he's on anything between £40k and £100k a week, if it's towards the upper end I can't see them being able to keep him in the Championship.

Didn't we pay £100k/w to Bolasie when we loaned him and something similar to Terry. And we had beg, borrow and steal back then (according to our manager at least)

Anyway, we'll see when and if it happens

Edited by sne

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Banes or Asensio? Just asking

Well Asensio is on an expiring contract so I would be very sad if we paid Real Madrid £50m for him 😉

Just now, sne said:

Didn't we pay £100k/w to Bolasie when we loaned him and something similar to Terry. And we had be borrow and steal back the (according to our manager at least)

Anyway, we'll see when and if it happens

**** hell we did didn't we?  :puke:

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Barnes or Asensio? Just asking

Asensio would play in the areas that Buendia/Ramsay occupy ironically enough. He's listed as a RW but he's better in one of those advanced midfield roles than an out and out winger.

If given the choice - I would pick Barnes for the profile and not because he's the better player.