Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Cabt believe on social media and villa groups alit of fans are turning their nosss up at vlahovic ans that hw will be a flop in england because he doesn't have pace. 

Madness. He would bw a unbelievable coup if we pulled it off

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

For me, I look at that list in the first post and see close to £200m of a lot of risk and not convinced by most of them.  

We need quality in but spreading it so thin seems too much risk on relative unknowns at PL quality level.  

I’d rather buy half the number of players but better quality as you suggest in this last comment, just whether the higher quality would come to us.  

I’m not sure spending close £200m of the players in the first list would be wise, better to have a mix of high risks and not so high risks even if you have to pay a bit more.  

We aren’t going to solve every issue in the team in one transfer window.

I actually believe we can a forward, LM/CM, CM , RB which we can get right if we execute it right then challenge for champions league thats the mission.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Reports from Italy that Spurs are backing out of the Kulusevski deal and that he's going back to Juventus.

Swoop in Villa, swoop!

But aren’t they backing out because he’s been out of form for a while. He’s not starting for a poor spurs team.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

James Milner

Joao Pedro

Reiss Nelson

seemingly so far. Wonder where we'd finish next season if we'd signed those three first up next month....!

Let's get the old band back together. ;) It worked with Ashley Young, but Milner is 37 too, I think if he's likely to go back to an old club, it will be to Dirty Leeds for a swansong in the Championship next season. 

24 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Would not pay anything above 25M for Harvey Barnes.

How about a cheeky bid of £30m? 🤔

2 minutes ago, John said:

Let's get the old band back together. ;) It worked with Ashley Young, but Milner is 37 too, I think if he's likely to go back to an old club, it will be to Dirty Leeds for a swansong in the Championship next season. 

How about a cheeky bid of £30m? 🤔

Barnes is not worth 30M

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

For me, I look at that list in the first post and see close to £200m of a lot of risk and not convinced by most of them.  

We need quality in but spreading it so thin seems too much risk on relative unknowns at PL quality level.  

I’d rather buy half the number of players but better quality as you suggest in this last comment, just whether the higher quality would come to us.  

I’m not sure spending close £200m of the players in the first list would be wise, better to have a mix of high risks and not so high risks even if you have to pay a bit more.  

We aren’t going to solve every issue in the team in one transfer window.

IMHO the minimum this team needs is real quality at RB/CB, RM, SS and backup GK.

Minimum 4 players that are next level (well perhaps not the GK - just better than Olsen).

If we got those in I’d be happy and I think we’d be a much better and more balanced side.

Granted I’d like more players to come in but like you say we don’t have to go all gung ho as the squad is decent enough as it is.

I’d like some more quality at LM as JJ blows hot and cold out there, as well as some cover for Luiz, hence me pushing for Kokcu but McGinn can cover for now.

3 real quality outfield players and one backup GK in, let the dust settle and if we can get a couple more in then do it.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This team gets top 4

4DEC30FC-614B-49CD-9CE6-FCDF0F775C6D.jpeg

I get the clamour for Pau Torres but he’d cost a fair wedge and I’d rather see Mings there personally, especially as we’ve just shown our faith in him with a bumper new contract.

Out of the above I’d question Lo Celso and Guendouzi as I’m not sure they’re next level players. 

If you swapped Lo Celso out for Mikel Merino and Guendouzi out for Otavio then I’d agree to 4 challenging side. 

Personally I’d like to see a ball playing CB at RB such as Timber but I get the Wan Bissaka inclusion if our preference is RB qualities over CB qualities for that hybrid role. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, burchy said:

I get the clamour for Pau Torres but he’d cost a fair wedge and I’d rather see Mings there personally, especially as we’ve just shown our faith in him with a bumper new contract.

Out of the above I’d question Lo Celso and Guendouzi as I’m not sure they’re next level players. 

If you swapped Lo Celso out for Mikel Merino and Guendouzi out for Otavio then I’d agree to 4 challenging side. 

Personally I’d like to see a ball playing CB at RB such as Timber but I get the Wan Bissaka inclusion if our preference is RB qualities over CB qualities for that hybrid role. 

Bissaka 🤮

27 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Would not pay anything above 25M for Harvey Barnes.

5 minutes ago, John said:

I think he probably is. One of us will be proved right. ;)

He’s worth £25m in yesterday’s money. In today’s terms he is a £40m player imho. Nathan Collins is what you get for £25m in today’s money.

• Like 1