Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I just simply can't see us signing 8 players

We won't be overhauling the squad again, ship out the deadwood, buy 2 maybe 3 really key pieces, couple more youngsters to develop if we can find them

Can imagine we've got a pretty sound core at bmh, it's now add to it not change it

Williams and guendouzi alone would push this team over the line for top 7, CM, wide man, RB 3 players in for about £100m, wide man breaks our transfer record

Yep I think we will sign probably 3 senior players and a couple Duran style players with potential and try integrate some of the younger players on loan and maybe even Sanson

• Like 2

I think we’ll sign 8/9 players but over the next 3/4 seasons. We don’t need bulk anymore but 2/3 signings of real repute will see us sustain a top 6 European challenge over the whole season. 

Olsen out and Steer to get released - New GK in

A.Young released - New RB in

Hause out

Nakamba and Sanson out - New CM in

Wesley and Davis out

That tidies up the deadwood and those OOC and would leave us quite balanced in terms of numbers

Emi - NewGK

Cash - NewRB

Moreno - Digne

Mings - Carlos

Konsa - Chambers

Kamara - Dendonker

Dougie - NewCM

McGinn - Bailey

Buendia - Coutinho

Ramsey - Traore

Watkins - Duran

And like quite a few of us I wonder if Digne is happy or a good allocation of resources, If we can't find a better option at CB than Chambers or a better option on the ball than Dendonker. Whether we can find a buyer for Coutinho that interests him, who out of Bailey, Bertie and Buendia might make way for someone a little more consistent and whether Duran sticks around the first team next year. On top of that I wonder what Archer has to do to get his chance and whether any of AJ, Iroegbunam, KKH, Azaz or Philogene might hang around next season?

We've got alot of the ingredients and Emery knows how to put things together. Perhaps time to start looking for some cherrys on top.

Whatever we add needs to be real quality

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Happened in what way?

I still have no clue what his " injury " really was, aside from there being cryptic tweets around the time it happened.

Then we have heard nothing since, and he hasn't been anywhere close to the first team. Not even any notion of him being fit. It's been a couple years ain't it?

Even though he was a very capable keeper.

Unless i've totally missed something?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I think we need to replace Bailey and Coutinho with players to either start in those positions or at least be capable of starting in those positions. We need another right back to start or fight for that place. A new, reliable back-up 'keeper and a striker. 

For the record, if take nobody from Everton or Leicester if they go down. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I still have no clue what his " injury " really was, aside from there being cryptic tweets around the time it happened.

Then we have heard nothing since, and he hasn't been anywhere close to the first team. Not even any notion of him being fit. It's been a couple years ain't it?

Even though he was a very capable keeper.

Unless i've totally missed something?

He picked up a serious achilles injury whilst on loan at Luton last season - a recurrence of the same injury he’s had in the past

Couthino will be gone.  He def doesn’t strike me as a Emey player ie pressing the defence like Buendia does consistently. 

Has been linked to Saudi league.  Wouldn’t be surprised if thats already been sorted and we aren’t risking playing him.

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Olsen out and Steer to get released - New GK in

A.Young released - New RB in

Hause out

Nakamba and Sanson out - New CM in

Wesley and Davis out

That tidies up the deadwood and those OOC and would leave us quite balanced in terms of numbers

Emi - NewGK

Cash - NewRB

Moreno - Digne

Mings - Carlos

Konsa - Chambers

Kamara - Dendonker

Dougie - NewCM

McGinn - Bailey

Buendia - Coutinho

Ramsey - Traore

Watkins - Duran

And like quite a few of us I wonder if Digne is happy or a good allocation of resources, If we can't find a better option at CB than Chambers or a better option on the ball than Dendonker. Whether we can find a buyer for Coutinho that interests him, who out of Bailey, Bertie and Buendia might make way for someone a little more consistent and whether Duran sticks around the first team next year. On top of that I wonder what Archer has to do to get his chance and whether any of AJ, Iroegbunam, KKH, Azaz or Philogene might hang around next season?

We've got alot of the ingredients and Emery knows how to put things together. Perhaps time to start looking for some cherrys on top.

Whatever we add needs to be real quality

I'd rather keep Olsen, Young and Nakamba than not sign any forward thinking players! We need at least one first team player to help us better break down stubborn defenses.

Charlie Patino is the one we should go for over ESR … ! Reported in The Athletic he’s gunna be available this summer and Emery will know all about him… 

• Haha 1

Taking my villa goggles off how many of our strongest 11 get into the main top four teams (if that is ultimately our target). I know Newcastle are in there this season but for arguments sake let’s say Man City, Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal. 

Other than Kamara, Martinez and at a push Watkins, Mings, Moreno, Konsa potentially on current form, who else though?

The rest of our players would be bench options yes but starters?

This is our dilemma, we need a team full of Kamara quality, Martinez quality. It may take us 3 seasons to get it but that’s what we need, if we’re going to qualify for Europe each and every season.

We’ve all stated Emery is a genius, why give him 2 or 3 players when we could give him 6, 7 or 8 and really set the cat amongst the pigeons. 

Go big on 2 or 3 and then Moreno the rest. He deserves to be backed though. 

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Charlie Patino is the one we should go for over ESR … ! Reported in The Athletic he’s gunna be available this summer and Emery will know all about him… 

He wants 1st team football and not another loan so not sure he’d be interested. Good player though

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I'd like to think we would move on from Tammy.

He isn't good enough for what we need. Having a poor season at Roma and would be an expensive back up for Watkins