Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Played under 5 different managers in 3 seasons, not really ideal circumstances.  Was a regular in the Villarreal team under Emery.

Is he a next level player though, look at Spuds. they’re apparently in for Goncalves, is he going to play LM for them and we get Lo Celso? Emi would be happy but I wouldn’t be as I know who I’d prefer.

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Is he a next level player though, look at Spuds. they’re apparently in for Goncalves, is he going to play LM for them and we get Lo Celso? Emi would be happy but I wouldn’t be as I know who I’d prefer.

Don't know about next level, but if Emery want's up I'll not object. 

Spurs don't even have a manager at present, I wouldn't trust any transfer speculation until then.  

54 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I think he’s a good player, one that Emery clearly rates highly. I just hate doing business with Levy.

I agree -- Emery's signed him for both PSG and Villereal so I had this one in mind since he came in. Think he would be a good addition for the squad as well. And will likely also fit with our growing South American contingent. 

28 minutes ago, burchy said:

I trust Unai but I’d much rather we got a midfield like this …..

Goncalves              Otavio

Luiz         Kamara

Instead of this……

lo Celso.                Guendouzi

Luiz.         Kamara

To each their own, I'd definitely be interested in the second one a lot

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

I agree -- Emery's signed him for both PSG and Villereal so I had this one in mind since he came in. Think he would be a good addition for the squad as well. And will likely also fit with our growing South American contingent. 

To each their own, I'd definitely be interested in the second one a lot

No guarantee we will even be in for Guendouzi again, in fact it’s likely we won’t if the Lo Celso rumours are true, as they are very similar, perhaps we’ve moved on..

so it could be a midfield of

Goncalves ———————-Lo Celso
—————Luiz——-Kamara————-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, burchy said:

If were all worried about Lo Celso being underwhelming at Spurs why aren’t we worried about Goncalves being underwhelming at Wolves?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, picicata said:

Wasn't he a bit crap when playing for Spurs? Isn't that why they've loaned him out?

He may have been inconsistent/underachieving in that side/at that time. But you have to look deeper than that. Fundamentally, he is a quality player. Technically superb.

Where would be if we relied on the opinion of those who couldn't see Douglas Luiz's ability for example?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

If were all worried about Lo Celso being underwhelming at Spurs why aren’t we worried about Goncalves being underwhelming at Wolves?

I don't know much about Lo Celso, or Goncalves for that matter, only remember that Lo Celso was a bit of a nothing player for Spurs. Goncalves is three years younger than Lo Celso so maybe people are taking that into account?

Either way, if Unai wants a player then I trust in him completely

Was Lo Celso even that bad for Spurs? I can't say I remember him too much for them either way - which maybe is a problem in itself - but purely going off his underlying numbers they're pretty good in terms of being an all-round midfielder with a lot of progressive passing, tackles etc, and then needless to say Emery was a fan at Villarreal being that he brought him in on loan twice. Can also play in a number of midfield positions as well which doesn't hurt, our current issues with numbers in the squad show how helpful a player like that can be at times.

I dunno, maybe not an exciting one on paper but I can certainly see the logic, and as is the going line now if Emery wanted it then that's all I need to know to be on board.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I dunno, maybe not an exciting one on paper but I can certainly see the logic, and as is the going line now if Emery wanted it then that's all I need to know to be on board.

Just on this, I don't think we will be signing conventionally exciting players. We'll be getting players who can do a job, like Moreno. Under the radar types. 

• Like 2

Obviously they are not really the same type of midfielders but I'd be quite happy with Lo Celso in and Coutinho out. Would make the squad stronger as Lo Celso can fill in at more roles that Coutinho

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, picicata said:

I don't know much about Lo Celso, or Goncalves for that matter, only remember that Lo Celso was a bit of a nothing player for Spurs. Goncalves is three years younger than Lo Celso so maybe people are taking that into account?

Either way, if Unai wants a player then I trust in him completely

Lo Celso wasn’t that bad for spurs and he’s been good for Villarreal, Goncalves is just a name plucked from the  FM database . Don’t get me wrong there are better options than Lo Celso to.

Edited by gwi1890

18 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Lo Celso wasn’t that bad for spurs and he’s been good for Villarreal, Goncalves is just a name plucked from the  FM database . Don’t get me wrong there are better options than Lo Celso to.

Even though I mentioned Tottenham being a difficult club to negotiate with, I think there’s a chance Lo Celso could cost less than Goncalves