Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Oddly enough, if we were to go big on one player, I do think Olise would be a good choice.

Spending a combined £70m on Olise and Guendouzi, isn't bad business, surely? Add those two to our starting XI and we'd be flying!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Olise had his 35 million buy out clause removed so they would be looking for substantial sums for him. That's alot of money, he is very good bit still, 50 million good ? 

He would be brilliant under Emery. And is only 21 so his value could go up further after a few seasons under Unai.  Could very easily turn a profit on him even if he was bought for £50m.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He would be brilliant under Emery. And is only 21 so his value could go up further after a few seasons under Unai.  Could very easily turn a profit on him even if he was bought for £50m.

Erm, not many players sell for more than 50m.

he is not a 50m pound player.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Surely he’s destined for us. Rumoured £20m fee. Yes please. 

20m seems cheap compared to figures we were seeing in the media in January 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

That is an extremely expensive back up

And what options are there if there’s no buyer? It would be wrong to dump him in the youth team. He’s got qualities we need and a handy player to have for his set pieces and defending. 

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Erm, not many players sell for more than 50m.

he is not a 50m pound player.

Palace's best player, 3 years on his contract, 21 years old and a club that has absolutely no desire to sell. 

He's going to cost close to that for someone in this league to prize him away (not that we're after him). 

We'd be after that for Ramsey for example. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

And what options are there if there’s no buyer? It would be wrong to dump him in the youth team. He’s got qualities we need and a handy player to have for his set pieces and defending. 

Nobody is suggesting that.

Just now, Steero113 said:

Palace's best player, 3 years on his contract, 21 years old and a club that has absolutely no desire to sell. 

He's going to cost close to that for someone in this league to prize him away (not that we're after him). 

Ok so?

Just because he is a decent player and they would want that doesn’t mean we should pay it.

just buy someone else.

sorry but if you are buying a 21 year old for 50 million you had better believe his record needs to be much better than his.

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Zaha is Palace's best player and Talisman. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Oddly enough, if we were to go big on one player, I do think Olise would be a good choice.

Spending a combined £70m on Olise and Guendouzi, isn't bad business, surely? Add those two to our starting XI and we'd be flying!

If that rumour of Guendouzi at £20m thus in your £70m, that Olise is £50m then I don’t think he’s worth £50m.  Would I like Olise? Of course but I’m not convinced he’s worth that much.  Anyway if we signed both, who am I or any of us to care as much about the fees if Emery wants them.  

Has there been a link to Olise? Or just hypothetical?

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If that rumour of Guendouzi at £20m thus in your £70m, that Olise is £50m then I don’t think he’s worth £50m.  Would I like Olise? Of course but I’m not convinced he’s worth that much.  Anyway if we signed both, who am I or any of us to care as much about the fees if Emery wants them.  

He's worth what he is worth to Palace, not what villa fans think he is. 

It's like arsenal thinking Luiz was only worth £30m but we knew his value to us was much higher.

Palace will want £50m plus for Olise 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Zaha is Palace's best player and Talisman. 

Times change, if you've watched Palace in the last 6 months, they play better without him. 

Olise is Palace's best player and the majority of their fans would agree I think. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Ok so?

Just because he is a decent player and they would want that doesn’t mean we should pay it.

just buy someone else.

sorry but if you are buying a 21 year old for 50 million you had better believe his record needs to be much better than his.

I literally say that we're not after him. 

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Olise doesn't give you as much as Buendia IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is exactly what was being discussed a few pages ago, when it was suggested we should shop abroad for better value. If you shop PL, you pay the premium. 

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

There is a middle ground, he stays in the first team squad if there's no buyer.

He's on the wages of mings and konsa combined 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

He's worth what he is worth to Palace, not what villa fans think he is. 

It's like arsenal thinking Luiz was only worth £30m but we knew his value to us was much higher.

Palace will want £50m plus for Olise 

I agree with your point with a caveat but a player is only worth what a club is willing to sell for as you point out AND what the buyer is willing to pay.  If the sellers value is higher than the buyer then it doesn’t happen.  I’m not sure anybody is paying £50m for Olise at the moment and especially not us imo was my point.  It’s why we believe Dougie wasn’t sold if we were willing to sell which I’m not sure we were willing to sell anyway.

5 minutes ago, SecretVillaScout said:

I think Nico Williams, Luiz Henrique, Chukwueze and Goncalves are much better players than Olise and Eze. And Cheaper! 

The difference is olise has done it in our league, bailey looked great in a different league. I would like olise, it's not my money but buying him even if we could would probably mean that's 2 or 3 we then can't afford. We are more team based now and moments of magic are not all we need.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This is exactly what was being discussed a few pages ago, when it was suggested we should shop abroad for better value. If you shop PL, you pay the premium. 

I agree but some players you pay the premium and some you don’t.  Forget ESR, Olise or Eze, my point a few pages ago is still valid that sometimes you pay the premium if that’s the player/fit you want.

Anyway some agree with me, some don’t, it’s all just guess work at this stage.