Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

What about that Italian winger at Leeds played very well against us how has he been travelling.

He reminds me a lot of Aaron Connelly that played for Brighton, constant running with head down, little end product 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

And we would have to if we had no money.

Benteke aside, the last time Palace sold a player for any money was September 2020 🤣

They can't keep going without selling players, they have to cash in at some point.

Depends on who they’ve bought and for how much?

38 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Two of their better younger players, I’d be surprised unless for large sums of money.  Surely those players are their future.

I’d be surprised if Olise would even leave London 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Normally I'd agree, but looking at their outgoing transfers, the only player they've sold this season is Benteke and nobody last season.  The last time they sold a player was 2020/21 season.

More or less no income from players sales, surely FFP will hammer them?

But why would they sell two of their best young players.  There are plenty of other players they could sell but selling their future doesn’t seem likely unless they got massive bids and I don’t think we’ll be that club.  I can’t imagine you think we would be paying what I would assume would be at least a club record fee for either of them.  Both talented but I don’t think either fall into us paying record fees for.

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Depends on who they’ve bought and for how much?

They are losing Zaha for free as well don't forget. If they want to buy anybody this summer, they have to sell.  Maybe not all of their stars but at least one of them for big money will have to be sold, they will then sign 2 or 3 highly rated youngsters and hope they reach the same level.  Rinse and repeat.

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I’d be surprised if Olise would even leave London 

Maybe not, but he might if a team that can offer him European football comes in for him. 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

But why would they sell two of their best young players.  There are plenty of other players they could sell but selling their future doesn’t seem likely unless they got massive bids and I don’t think we’ll be that club.  I can’t imagine you think we would be paying what I would assume would be at least a club record fee for either of them.  Both talented but I don’t think either fall into us paying record fees for.

Their best players are who'll make them the most profit.  Nobody is paying big money for Nathaniel Clyne.

If we were in a position were we needed to sell to buy, do you think we'd have a bigger transfer budget if we sold Kamara and Luiz or Sanson and Nakamba?

I think this summer will be more about building a more complete (and more importantly, competitive) squad. 

Our key players at the moment will be retained, even rewarded (Watkins) but with a caveat from the club being, ‘we’re moving forward so expect competition for shirts to increase’

I think we’ll move away from a nailed on first 11, to a squad of 16/17 who are all pushing each other for the shirt.

The team is picked based on form, performance etc. but everyone knows their roles in the team, one drops out, one of equal quality comes in. 

53 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i guess we were one of the lowest net spends last season also?, i think we only spent £1-2m net in 21/22?

Hopefully we can offload some of our non first 11 big earners (or big-ish earners), like Digne etc to free up some wage space.

Digne won't be sold. I think Emery wants 2 players in each position and he offers a different set of abilities than Moreno.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Their best players are who'll make them the most profit.  Nobody is paying big money for Nathaniel Clyne.

If we were in a position were we needed to sell to buy, do you think we'd have a bigger transfer budget if we sold Kamara and Luiz or Sanson and Nakamba?

Why are you assuming they want a big transfer budget?  You are also guessing their FFP situation I assume.  Their net spend total has been around £80m over the last four seasons so much for PL teams

Why sell your future to buy more future,  in your scenario I would be selling Sanson and Nakamba and build the team around Kamara and Dougie.  For them I’d be selling the fringe players and build the team around Olise and Eze, and yes that means a lower budget but you don’t lose your best quality unless you desperately have to.

Additionally we don’t know who will be their manager and you’ve missed the point that I doubt we’d be paying a club record fee for either of them.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why are you assuming they want a big transfer budget?  You are also guessing their FFP situation I assume.  Their net spend total has been around £80m over the last four seasons so much for PL teams

Why sell your future to buy more future,  in your scenario I would be selling Sanson and Nakamba and build the team around Kamara and Dougie.  For them I’d be selling the fringe players and build the team around Olise and Eze, and yes that means a lower budget but you don’t lose your best quality unless you desperately have to.

Additionally we don’t know who will be their manager and you’ve missed the point that I doubt we’d be paying a club record fee for either of them.

I'm no expert on Palace's finances, an article in The Athletic states they are financially healthy, but if they want to spend this summer they have to sell.  And by sell, I mean a star player, not some fringe player.

Selling fringe players isn't exactly easy, we should know, after all we couldn't get rid of Guilbert etc. and had to ship half of them out on loan.

Just now, duke313 said:

I'm no expert on Palace's finances, an article in The Athletic states they are financially healthy, but if they want to spend this summer they have to sell.  And by sell, I mean a star player, not some fringe player.

Selling fringe players isn't exactly easy, we should know, after all we couldn't get rid of Guilbert etc. and had to ship half of them out on loan.

Ok whatever let’s get off that topic of Palace finances because who cares and we are going round in circles!

Still missed my point that you seriously don’t think we are going to pay a record club fee for either of them even if Palace would sell either of them.

3 hours ago, Folski said:

Spotrac have Olsen on £80k a week, we bought him for £3m I would say he's probably on £30k a week.

I'd say spotrac don't know s***! 30k is far more accurate. Signing a backup keeper  on 80k a week. Only an idiot would do that! Villa isn't run by idiots.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Ok whatever let’s get off that topic of Palace finances because who cares and we are going round in circles!

Still missed my point that you seriously don’t think we are going to pay a record club fee for either of them even if Palace would sell either of them.

You were literally talking about paying a record club fee a few pages ago for Emille Smith-Row 🤣