Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

11 minutes ago, rubberman said:

I can't wait for the transfers to properly get started. It's going to be an exciting one I think,  particularly if we get a european spot.

Probably not in quantity terms, but certainly in quality.

Same. I'm not worried about transfers this time, just gonna enjoy this window 😎

58 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Lee is mostly played as a 10 for Mallorca and would give Emi some competition. He's naturally left footed and can fizz in a great set piece. He's also very adept out on the wing. He certainly fits the hybrid winger/10 role and scores on the right. With his eye for a pass and dribbling skills he is certainly one that could open up defences and win set pieces in critical areas. He's got a bit of Grealish in him with his dribbling and drawing fouls. 

Which is how I see us using him if we signed him. However I think more of a central midfielder like Guendouzi would be the preference there. And more of an out and out winger like Williams as the second striker off the right wing.

17 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Same. I'm not worried about transfers this time, just gonna enjoy this window 😎

Hopefully we won't get all the hand-wringing and panic about whether NSWE have lost faith, turned off the taps etc this window!

• Like 2

Lee Kang-In and Smith-Rowe? Now all we need is a Wan-Bissaka to get a hat-trick of double-barrelled names.

But seriously I wonder if Smith-Rowe has an admiration for Emery, it's possible. I wonder how much he'd cost? I think he'd be good at Villa.

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder if we’ll face a battle to keep the likes of Watkins, Luiz, Martinez and Ramsey. They must be popping up on the radars of ‘bigger clubs’ by now.

Possibly, not in the premier league though I dont think. We've generally got our more valuable players on long-term deals and we dont really need to sell. If the offer is rediculous though then probably accept, anyone is replaceable. It's a bit like the Grealish situation apart from we now have a structure and a plan which means that players are replaceable.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder if we’ll face a battle to keep the likes of Watkins, Luiz, Martinez and Ramsey. They must be popping up on the radars of ‘bigger clubs’ by now.

Surely all of those mentioned will be on the radar of other clubs along with others I dare say, there have been loose links before with Ollie at spurs and strong interest from Arsenal for Luiz. The good thing is we don't need to sell to fund new purchases, getting rid of some dead wood would help with FPP though.

22 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Martinez is the only one of those that a CL team might come in for. 

• Shocked 1

21 minutes ago, villa89 said:

No chance! Luiz and Ramsey will definately be looked at by CL clubs. If Ramsey continues to develop as he has done he will be hard to keep hold of, fortunately he is one of our own.

33 minutes ago, villa89 said:

What!!! Arsenal tried sign Dougie in January and they might win the league so I can’t agree with your statement.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Smith rowe would be a brilliant signing. He would be so exciting in emerys system

I agree Smith Rowe would be a brilliant signing but there isn't any value in signing top PL players for us, I think we are still a way off being able to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign a single PL player in the summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Lee Kang-In and Smith-Rowe? Now all we need is a Wan-Bissaka to get a hat-trick of double-barrelled names.

But seriously I wonder if Smith-Rowe has an admiration for Emery, it's possible. I wonder how much he'd cost? I think he'd be good at Villa.

Don't forget Large Stately-Home or whatever his name is at Leicester.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I agree Smith Rowe would be a brilliant signing but there isn't any value in signing top PL players for us, I think we are still a way off being able to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't sign a single PL player in the summer.

Totally, a few more Moreno like signings would be awesome.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Don’t understand? If we finish in the Top7 then surely the obvious next step is signing top PL players to not only keep us there but push higher.  Also surely you believe Martinez, Mings, Kamara, Ollie and others are on the same level as Smith-Rowe?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's funny; two summers ago we wanted to sign Smith-Rowe and he had absolutely no interest. Now you'd imagine he'd be open to the idea. Hard to tell how much of that is down to his star falling or our star rising. 

Probably a combination of the two in all honesty. I think he'd fit in very well in Emery's system to be fair, but I can't see this move happening. But we've such a good manager now that we should have faith in whoever he chooses to bring in. The way he's transformed the existing squad and got Moreno playing means it really doesn't matter who we're linked with, as long as we sign players Emery wants to work with then the futures bright.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t understand? If we finish in the Top7 then surely the obvious next step is signing top PL players to not only keep us there but push higher.  Also surely you believe Martinez, Mings, Kamara, Ollie and others are on the same level as Smith-Rowe?

But there are players in other leagues as good as Smith-Rowe that will cost half the price. Why overpay to get him, when we can get someone else for a fraction of the price?

Was happy 2 years ago we were interested but I think we've moved on from up & coming players & now we're after the finished article, would he get in our starting 11 now ? Would he get in infront of Buendia or Ramsey ? Arsenal would want top dollar after he signed a new contract, £40/£50 million I reckon specially after not budging on Dougie Luiz last summer. Think will go bigger & better than Smith-Rowe.