Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

be a good squad player with Carlos to challenge Mings and Konsa :P 

Would be 4 quality defenders, 2 left footers and 2 right. All getting plenty of game time if we’re in Europe.

41 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Doesn't seem like our transfer style at all.  City will want a lot of money for him and you'd think he would expect outrageous wages as well.  I don't see us blowing most of our FFP wage space on him, to be frank.  

Our transfer style might be 2/3 big quality signings now though 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

As if people are talking about us buying Laporte 🤣

I thought the same about Coutinho...

Kamara too was a real coup...

Villa are loaded and have an elite manager, the way things are going anything is possible.

• Like 2

Was bored tonight so took a look at some of the RM options we might be looking at. I tried to base in on their average positions, so players that play predominantly on the right hand side (Milinkovic-Savic as an example)

ACB9977D-CBAB-460E-909D-AC8BF7FBADE8.jpeg.4e3fe8bc2fd5c56b072b423a96d3121f.jpeg

High End

• Otavio - Porto (who I’d like)
  • Milinković-Savić - Lazio
  • Rodrigo de Paul - Atletico Madrid
  • Matteo Guendouzi - OM

High Potential

• Gabri Veiga - Celta Vigo
  • Domonik Szboszlai - RB Leipzig
  • Arda Guler - Fenerbahce
  • Andreas Skov Olsen - Club Brugge

Other worthy mentions

• Youre Tielemans - Leicester
  • Yumas Musah - Valencia
  • Florian Neuhaus - Mgladback
  • Densel Dumfries - Inter
  • Lazar Szamardzic- Udinese
  • Lovre Majer - Rennes

If we bought another quality DM then the more attacking options below might be good.

• Giovanni Reyna - Dortmund
  • Rayan Cherki - Lyon
  • Luca Sucic - RB Salzburg
  • Desire Doue - Rennes

I’d like Otavio personally but would be happy with any of Szboszlai, Guler or Veiga if we were looking for more youthful signings. 

I also think Desire Doue is going be a proper star too, perhaps not in this position though. 

Love Cherki at Lyon as well but he’d be a liability defensively. 

• Like 1

Not overly fussed about the Kyle Walker links (from Football Insider anyway, so most likely rollocks). But if we're looking at aging Citeh types, wouldn't say no to Mahrez.  

Even that lot have to tip the wink to FFP occasionally, so there might be a deal to be done.

Him and Harvey Barnes would give us that bit of guile in the final third we sometimes lack. 

Al Musrati at Braga might be a decent shout as defensive midfield cover.  Linked with FC Porto amongst others.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I thought the same about Coutinho...

Kamara too was a real coup...

Villa are loaded and have an elite manager, the way things are going anything is possible.

Seriously comparing Laporte with Coutinho? Seriously no.

Kamara was a coup for us that is true but who knows what we offered for him to sign?

Laporte is at a top 5 club in the world on massive wages at the top of his game. No.

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

According to one site highest paid Villa player on £175k a week

It is VERY high I dare say he is worth it however.

He will have got a hefty sign on fee too

I appreciate we managed to sign Coutinho and Kamarra when no one expected it but one was in decline and the other was still potential. 

I think we’re getting carried away with discussing players like Laporte.  Nor should we be blowing up our wage structure anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I appreciate we managed to sign Coutinho and Kamarra when no one expected it but one was in decline and the other was still potential. 

I think we’re getting carried away with discussing players like Laporte.  Nor should we be blowing up our wage structure anyway.

My thoughts too. Very unlikley signing. U would imagine if he was available newcastle would throw stupid money at him and we wouldnt have a chance to compete. Pur goal has to be finding players before they come mega stars.

Emery knows his stuff so im 100% confident he will bring in what we need 

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

Seriously comparing Laporte with Coutinho? Seriously no.

Kamara was a coup for us that is true but who knows what we offered for him to sign?

Laporte is at a top 5 club in the world on massive wages at the top of his game. No.

Nope you are putting words in my mouth...

Coutinho was one of the top players; hence I thought (as did others) there was no chance we could sign him.We did.

You think the same about Laporte, fine.

Has Laporte ever been regarded as highly as Coutinho? Will he ever command a record fee? To deflect the point by saying he's finished is not the focus.

I don't care if we sign Laporte or not, I trust Emery not you. However one thing I've learned is that anything is possible.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Confused 1

I don’t think we’ll sign any premier league players personally, save for a back up keeper perhaps from one of the lower table teams or relegation candidates. 

I think we’ll be on a Europe shopping spree in the summer. Some tasty bits from Spain, Portugal perhaps, a dabble in Germany, Holland and France also on the cards. 

I’ve speculated as much as anyone but I trust Emery and look forward to the journey, whoever we bring in.

I think teams will really fear us next season. 

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

As if I’ve spent the last weekend analysing teams around us fixtures trying to work out the likelihood of us getting champions league or Europa league next season. Anything can happen 

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

7 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

As if I’ve spent the last weekend analysing teams around us fixtures trying to work out the likelihood of us getting champions league or Europa league next season. Anything can happen 

As if I’ve spent 6 months thinking people wanted to sign Neco Williams.

• Haha 4