Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

19 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think he's a dick and he's done nothing for Spurs but anyone think Emery would get the best out of Richarlison?  He can play off Ollie plus cover centre forward if needs be.  His wages at Spurs don't seem too obscene either.

£50m for a grand total of 0 premier league goals this season. I’d imagine Levy would be looking at least his money back or possibly more? A no from me, I suspect we could get better value for money in La Liga.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Reiss Nelson being linked again. 105 minutes in the Prem this season.... 3 goals and 2 assists.  Out of contract in the summer. Emery knows him well. Would be an Emery type signing i guess 

completely unknown as he hasnt played much in the league for arsenal over several seasons. Could be good, could be meh

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I like Bowen, but can we do better?

I don’t watch European football mate so my football knowledge is pretty much PL only. 

I do think Bowen fits what it seems Emery wants from that position. Comfortable on the wing and pushing centrally to support the CF. What I also like about him is that he works really hard, and is composed on the ball. 

The one criticism I guess is that he isn’t particularly quick, but I don’t really see that as a huge drawback. I tend to think that apart from the really elite wingers, most “speed merchants” tend to be a little erratic when it comes to the final ball, almost like the legs are moving quicker than their brains so are more inconsistent. Bowen seems like that 7/10 every week sort. 

Someone mentioned Gabri Veiga at Celta Vigo a few pages back (can’t remember who), he’d be a good cheaper, younger (20) highly rated option at RM. 

He has a 35m release clause too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Jarrod Bowen would be perfect in the Bailey role. 

I’d imagine West Ham would be looking quite a bit for him. Would probably be our record signing. He’d be decent in that role, and would weaken West Ham along with them probably losing Rice this summer as well.

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve literally just noticed that everyone has been on about Nico Williams for the last 6 months and not Neco Williams… I honestly thought why’s everyone getting so excited about him, he’s hardly been amazing at Notts Forest.
I hadn’t even heard of NICO, but gather he’s good and exciting… well every day is a school day! 😂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1