Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Id take smith rowe every day if the week. He looks a top player witb massive potential just had some injuries 

he is obviously a good player, I don't think he is what we need.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

he is obviously a good player, I don't think he is what we need.

22 years old ✅

Talented attacking / midfielder ✅

Great work rate ✅

Technically gifted ✅

PL experience ✅

In position we are looking to add quality to ✅

What am I missing why you are saying he’s not what we need?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

22 years old ✅

Great work rate ✅

Technically gifted ✅

PL experience ✅

Add also that he knows Emery well,  might just convince him. Seems to have hardly got a look in this season.

edit: seems he’s been injured this season. Even still, can’t see him breaking into that arsenal team

Edited by duke313

Big fan of Smith Rowe but he only signed a new contract in the summer, and the only reason he hasn't been more of a presence for Arsenal this season is that he's had an awful time of it with injuries. 

He also doesn't really fit Emery's supposed preference for a new winger in that pace and physicality aren't really primary attributes of his.

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

22 years old ✅

Great work rate ✅

Technically gifted ✅

PL experience ✅

Not very fast, not physical, doesn’t drift as wide as much.

I don’t rate his work rate as highly as you either.

16 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Big fan of Smith Rowe but he only signed a new contract in the summer, and the only reason he hasn't been more of a presence for Arsenal this season is that he's had an awful time of it with injuries. 

He also doesn't really fit Emery's supposed preference for a new winger in that pace and physicality aren't really primary attributes of his.

But that’s a separate position for what you are describing 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkLillis said:

I think Phillip Billing at Bournemouth is coming into the right time of his career to step up.

Im not sure what role he performs for them at the moment but he always looks decent to me.

Would he work for us?

Not a fan of his!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Ok we are looking for different attributes and I assume a different position. Doubt he’d come to us anyway but I think he’d be great for us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Buendia isnt very fast so that doesnt really matter tbf

He does drift but his favoured role is cm

His work rate is very good. Has a good engine on him.  Scores alot of goals too

• Like 1

Smith Rowe would've been perfect for how we wanted to set up under both Dean and Gerrard. 

But 2 years down the line, we already have a challenge on our hand as to how we integrate Aaron Ramsey in that wide left AM position. 

ESR is better but not £50-60m better than AJ imo considering we have other needs.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

ESR is better but not £50-60m better than AJ imo considering we have other needs.

AJ, you mean Aaron Ramsey?  We have no idea how he will do at this level whereas we do for ESR.  Ramsey is a kid with talent but that’s all we know, if we had the chance to get ESR we’d be stupid not to get him.  To refuse that based on a completely untested kid at this level wouldn’t be a wise move.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

AJ, you mean Aaron Ramsey?  We have no idea how he will do at this level whereas we do for ESR.  Ramsey is a kid with talent but that’s all we know, if we had the chance to get ESR we’d be stupid not to get him.  To refuse that based on a completely untested kid at this level wouldn’t be a wise move.

11 minutes ago, Risso said:

Ramsey junior would be a good option to have in the squad for our European adventures. There's no way he's at a level similar to Smith Rowe yet though.

My point seems to have been missed. I clearly said ESR was better. But we have other needs and don't use players in either ESR or AJs position in Emerys set up.

If we had a tonne of cash and could plug all our gaps and buy ESR for fun, I'd love to. But we don't need to, it wouldn't be right for us *plus* we have AJ.

• Like 1

ESR seem to have real issues with his groin/adduktor that for his sake the surgery hopefully fixed. Looking at his injury history it's something he's struggled with for almost 5 years. Bit of a red flag for me 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

22 years old ✅

Great work rate ✅

Technically gifted ✅

PL experience ✅

Some people only want the players they sign on football manager and fifa like Otavio and Goncalves 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Good because the whole idea behind the “wide midfielders” is to drift in field whilst the forward drift wide. 

51 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Smith Rowe would've been perfect for how we wanted to set up under both Dean and Gerrard. 

But 2 years down the line, we already have a challenge on our hand as to how we integrate Aaron Ramsey in that wide left AM position. 

No offence but a massive difference from the PL and Championship. We dont even know if aaron ramsey can cut it at this level yet. Not saying he cant but we have no idea

We know ESR can he was excellent last season before the injuries kicked in. Factor in the form of saka and martenelli its tough for him

• Like 1