Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Would anyone take Smith Rowe if we still had interest in him? Can't say I've seen him kick a ball for Arsenal this year? Wonder if he's thinking about moving on at all.

Yea. Very good player. Had a really strange season. Can’t see him leaving or even wanting to leave though. 

44 minutes ago, burchy said:

If links and rumours are to be believed and we’re in for a DM then I’d suggest Chuk, no, not that Chuk

Lesley Ugochukwu at Rennes

Proper beast in the making, would provide a proper physical presence in the middle of the park against the likes of Newcastle, Everton, etc. He’s only 19 as well. 

Christ, he’s a beast. Not sure how good he is with the ball at his feet but he shits the opposition players up when he’s charging towards them

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Christ, he’s a beast. Not sure how good he is with the ball at his feet but he shits the opposition players up when he’s charging towards them

He’d give Joelinton/McTominayCaicedo a run for their money that’s for sure. Passing stats aren’t the best at present but not entirely sure he’s been told to focus on his passing game at Rennes, more so to get stuck in physically.

He’s a French youth international so he’s going to be decent technically I would have thought but at only just 19 he’s still very raw. Something a little Veira about him though.

He’d be a cheaper DM option to have around should we be playing a more physical side, or if we want all the Chelsea/Spurs Prima Donnas sh****** themselves 😂

9 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Zaha feels like the absolute perfect fit for us in terms of the player Emery might want. Quick, strong, skilful and good enough to drop deep for the ball or play out wide. Basically, what he’s asking Bailey and Traore to do.

FWIW, I can’t see it. I think he’ll either go to a team playing in the CL or to somewhere like Saudi for big money (£250k a week kind of money). Villa just seems like a bit of a nothing move unless we get into Europe and throw big money at him. He’s also the wrong side of 30 and whilst he strikes me as somebody that will be good enough even at the age of 33/34, you have to be careful giving out long contracts to players at that age. He’s got one big move left in him and he knows it. 

No thanks. He's is on the decline and would be on big wages. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Would anyone take Smith Rowe if we still had interest in him? Can't say I've seen him kick a ball for Arsenal this year? Wonder if he's thinking about moving on at all.

Nope. Signing the big 6’s off cuts has very very rarely worked for us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Zaha is 30 not 31 and would be a free transfer.

He is 31 a few months into the new season.....

Like the other poster said, I'd rather have Eze.

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

He is 31 a few months into the new season.....

Like the other poster said, I'd rather have Eze.

? He's 31 in November, 4 months into next season.

Unless he extends his contract he is on a free.

It's not a question of would rather have so and do from Palace over him, as signing a free you only have to agree with the player.

Eze is still under contract until June 2025 so would require 35 million plus to sign as they paid 16 to 20 million for him, and I'm sure when they signed him he said he wanted to stay in and around London  and of course Palace would have to need or want to sell him.

Olise contract until June 2026, again Palace would need or want to sell him having outlaid 8.5million on him as a 19 year old and probably 35 million to buy now.

Zaha is a great player, i would love to have him at Vila, however.....

A large part of his game is his speed/acceleration, he is 30 and still has it, but if we were to try and sign him and give him a ......3 or 4 year deal?.....when will his speed/acceleration start to wane and reduce his abilities?

I dunno, he is a great player, but not sure a 4 year contract for a player who relies heavily on assets that decline rapidly past 30 is the best idea in the world, however good he is "right now".

if you said a 2 year deal?, i would take that probably.

Probably a pointless discussion anyways, i get the feeling Emery will have his eyes mostly on the foreign market, who knows tho.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Zaha is a great player, i would love to have him at Vila, however.....

A large part of his game is his speed/acceleration, he is 30 and still has it, but if we were to try and sign him and give him a ......3 or 4 year deal?.....when will his speed/acceleration start to wane and reduce his abilities?

I dunno, he is a great player, but not sure a 4 year contract for a player who relies heavily on assets that decline rapidly past 30 is the best idea in the world, however good he is "right now".

if you said a 2 year deal?, i would take that probably.

Probably a pointless discussion anyways, i get the feeling Emery will have his eyes mostly on the foreign market, who knows tho.

Yep, that's the only down side, he would want a 4 year deal. It's whether we could get a good 3 years out of him. He has everything we need in a player and wouldn't require any half a season adjustments of being homesick or learning the language or any of the other stresses and pressures that a young player coming to the uk on big money may bring.

On the other hand, I do like the look of chuckwueze, guy is rapid with a football brain.

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

? He's 31 in November, 4 months into next season.

Unless he extends his contract he is on a free.

It's not a question of would rather have so and do from Palace over him, as signing a free you only have to agree with the player.

Eze is still under contract until June 2025 so would require 35 million plus to sign as they paid 16 to 20 million for him, and I'm sure when they signed him he said he wanted to stay in and around London  and of course Palace would have to need or want to sell him.

Olise contract until June 2026, again Palace would need or want to sell him having outlaid 8.5million on him as a 19 year old and probably 35 million to buy now.

A free.....

With massive wages, sign on fee and no resale value.

What part of that don't you get? 

52 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Zaha has 1 more goal and assist than Buendia in about 200 more minutes game time this season and does nothing near Emi in terms of tackles interceptions etc. 

Says it all.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Spoony said:

Nope. Signing the big 6’s off cuts has very very rarely worked for us.

Id take smith rowe every day if the week. He looks a top player witb massive potential just had some injuries 

8 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

My choice for the midfield would be Kouadio Kone. 
But maybe Emery will go back in for his first choice Mikel Merino

Impressive! If he plays like that regularly then everyone will want him. Is he consistent though?

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Says it all.

It doesn't as they're two completely types of player in (usually) two different positions. They're used very differently too.

Zaha clearly has a lot to his game that Buendia doesn't—and vice versa. And Zaha's strengths are exactly what we need more of. He's clearly quality, and he would definitely improve us.

Big no for Zaha. Would have considered it 2 or 3 years ago (him being a whinging twunk notwithstanding), but not now.

Yes to Smith-Rowe, but it's unlikely imo.

Edit- Unless Emi calls him up and reminds him of his own renaissance here after Arse.

Edited by HKP90

4 hours ago, Rolta said:

It doesn't as they're two completely types of player in (usually) two different positions. They're used very differently too.

Zaha clearly has a lot to his game that Buendia doesn't—and vice versa. And Zaha's strengths are exactly what we need more of. He's clearly quality, and he would definitely improve us.

It's so clear that Zaha used as a total forward has got one goal more than under performing Buendia.

It's so clear several people are dead against it, on here.

Doesn't sound very clear.

• Like 1