Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, burchy said:

I think I’d definitely try and tempt Ajax with Bailey and then get Kudus as his replacement, even if it was just a loan with an option for Bailey.

What if Kudus turns out to be Bailey 2.0? 

Antony & Hakim Ziyech turned into overpriced duds

Kudus just seems like another overpriced dud waiting to be happen. I will rather take my chances with Nico Williams personally.

Edited by SecretVillaScout
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Talented player. Has flattered to deceive most of his career by being a dafty. If he's willing to take explicit direction from Emery, he'd be an asset

Maybe he was young but he was showing clear nostalgia for a fascist Franco...

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Emery's kind of signing.

and made comments about bombing Catalans and Basques. I'd like us to have non-prick players in the team tbh—we have so many likable players and I'd feel disappointed if we went there.

But then Emery had him at Arsenal, so he clearly doesn't seem bothered!

I think he was a bit young when he did the tweets to be fair.

4 hours ago, Mazrim said:

By my reckoning we need (in terms of priority):

Right back. (Starter, Cash and KKH can compete.) Foyth / Fresneda

Winger / Forward. (Starter. Bailey, Traore and JPB / A Ramsey can compete.) Mitoma / Nico Williams / M Thuram

Striker. (Properly challenge Watkins. Duran and Archer as back up.) David / Dembele / Hlozek

Centre half. (Pick form pair out of Konsa, Mings, Carlos and new guy.) Torres / errr.... Gvardiol?

Playmaking CM /AMC.(A real top darts signing. Sits in front of two from Kamara, Douglas, Tim and new guy. Competes with Buendia, McGinn and JJ.) Kamada / Guendouzi / Mount

Central holding / box-box midfielder. (Essentially replaces Dendoncker in the squad. Competes with Kamara, Douglas and Tim.) Laimer / Schlager / Sangare / Koopmeiners

Backup Keeper. (Watches Emi doing Emi things from the bench but is much better than Olsen). **** knows.

Yes, that's 7 players but with outgoings, not unreasonable. Hopefully we'll be in Europe and so need a bigger squad.
Added some suggestions but probably some optimistic ones in there. I don't care. We have dosh.

Right back - Liveramento
Left back - Borna sosa
Centre half - If we bring one in then Konsa should go
Central Holding - None

Playmaking ACM - Brennan Johnson
Winger/Forward - is the same as above in this system
Wide midfielder - Otavio

Striker - None

I hate to say it, hes a horrib twunt and his wages would make him the highest paid at the club...

but zaha on a free, far more consistant than bertie or bailey, more pace, more power, more scoring threat and better defensively and just as much skill on his day as bertie on his day. If he can follow the managers instructions to me makes some sense.

I apologise for the suggestion but you know exactly what you are getting with him ( yes a 3 year contract on 180k pw probs and a twunt).

im just not sure emery is going to be spending massive chunks of our budget on prospects from foreign leagues and not get in a very solid player who would improve us ( which I admit, Zaha is) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

With a name and profile picture like his, I very, very much doubt he’s ITK

Pretty sure he's a certain Leeds supporter who has made yet another account...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

What if Kudus turns out to be Bailey 2.0? 

Antony & Hakim Ziyech turned into overpriced duds

Kudus just seems like another overpriced dud waiting to be happen. I will rather take my chances with Nico Williams personally.

Is Nico Williams all that though? I can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him firsthand but his stats aren’t that great. 

If Kudus is a potential dud (IMHO he’s not) I’d go for Johan Bakayoko, who’s just earned his first Belgium cap. He’s younger and raw but he won’t be a dud I can guarantee. 

2 minutes ago, burchy said:

Is Nico Williams all that though? I can’t say I’ve seen a lot of him firsthand but his stats aren’t that great. 

If Kudus is a potential dud (IMHO he’s not) I’d go for Johan Bakayoko, who’s just earned his first Belgium cap. He’s younger and raw but he won’t be a dud I can guarantee. 

He''s only 20! He seems very highly rated.

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

He''s only 20! He seems very highly rated.

I’d put him in the same bracket as Pino, undoubted talent but goals and assist levels not great.

For that position you want double figures if possible

Everyone has their opinion and I respect that but not sure he’s the answer. 

If he signs though would support him 100%

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I hate to say it, hes a horrib twunt and his wages would make him the highest paid at the club...

but zaha on a free, far more consistant than bertie or bailey, more pace, more power, more scoring threat and better defensively and just as much skill on his day as bertie on his day. If he can follow the managers instructions to me makes some sense.

I apologise for the suggestion but you know exactly what you are getting with him ( yes a 3 year contract on 180k pw probs and a twunt).

im just not sure emery is going to be spending massive chunks of our budget on prospects from foreign leagues and not get in a very solid player who would improve us ( which I admit, Zaha is) 

I think an unspoiled and younger version of Zaha would be ideal.

7 minutes ago, burchy said:

Speaking of belgian wingers, Dodi Lukebakio! Absolutely brilliant for Belgium in the Euro qualifiers recently.

19 minutes ago, burchy said:

Don’t get me wrong I rate Nico Williams but it’s likely he would take a while to settle would command a big fee which means pressure on instantly which would lead to words like “dud” being thrown around. I’d still love to see us sign him though.

Edited by gwi1890

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is this the Japanese bloke via Real Madrid?

Only thing I know is he's a " wonderkid " on FIFA 22

Yes that’s the one, just an incredibly hard working player who pops up with goals.