Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I wouldn't mind taking a look at some of Sporting's current crop, Manuel Ugarte for instance, seems to have replaced Palinha and is only 21.

I was also going to mention him. Not sure where he would fit in the squad though

On 19/03/2023 at 10:29, sne said:

So according to Italian gossip Roma have almost halved their asking price for Tammy and are "only" asking for about £35m now. Still wouldn't be my choice but if the price keeps dropping who knows.

Then again it's just gossip so...

At £35m, I would take him myself, but it is UE's decision and he may well be looking for a different type of forward or we may be looking to spend significantly more on somebody who would perhaps convert a higher proportion of the chances that we make. Nice to see a few links, whether they be "gossip" or not. 

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I was also going to mention him. Not sure where he would fit in the squad though

He would fit in the squad, but the team, might be different.

This is where rotation comes in, for playing specific teams.

Players we buy, moving forward, may not play in every game.....The manager will choose to fit.

Kamara has played in every game, because he has proved his quality.

28 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I feel safe in the thought, that Aston Villa will not be spending 80 million Euros on one player any time soon.

• Like 1

Pedro and Lukaku linked on the last 2 pages. Thought Gerrard could attract big names yet here we are being linked to players way beyond what I expected.

Part of me wants to go for a couple Chelsea players as I think the club seems to be so poorly run in terms of financially sound deals, I think we could pick up a couple of players for way less than market value and even if they're not a huge success, as long as we're not handing out 5 year deals to 31+ players we should cope. 

I imagine Mount will end up at Newcastle but I'd like to see us go for him and still a big fan of Gallagher. If there's even a remote chance of picking up someone like Lukaku then I don't see why we can't ask the question about Sterling either. 

Edited by skarroki
Wrote Mudryk for some reason

I wouldn’t mind looking into Nelson Weiper from Mainz. He’s made his breakthrough this season and is only 18. He’s 6’3 as well so has some decent size on him, some of the Mainz fans seem to hype him up. (Most fans would about their younger players)

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

I feel safe in the thought, that Aston Villa will not be spending 80 million Euros on one player any time soon.

Maybe not, but it might be the case that Emery only wants 2/3 quality signings and I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re spending over 50 on at least one in the summer 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I wouldn’t mind looking into Nelson Weiper from Mainz. He’s made his breakthrough this season and is only 18. He’s 6’3 as well so has some decent size on him, some of the Mainz fans seem to hype him up. (Most fans would about their younger players)

Could form a venomous strike duo with Ollie

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

He would fit in the squad, but the team, might be different.

This is where rotation comes in, for playing specific teams.

Players we buy, moving forward, may not play in every game.....The manager will choose to fit.

Kamara has played in every game, because he has proved his quality.

Does that mean we loan out Tim & Aaron again? I assume we will then sell Sanson & Marvelous as well? Dendocker? Don't get me wrong, I'd love Ugarte. 

2 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’s quality but personally he’d be my plan b for the LM/CAM role if I couldn’t get Xavi Simons from PSV first.

However PSG might have first dibs on him