Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

In the past when we've only played with 1 striker I've been against the idea of signing Tammy. Mainly because I never thought he was much better (if at all) than Watkins. 

But now we're playing with 2 strikers/forwards, maybe it's something that could work?

Can't see it happening tho. 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

In the past when we've only played with 1 striker I've been against the idea of signing Tammy. Mainly because I never thought he was much better (if at all) than Watkins. 

But now we're playing with 2 strikers/forwards, maybe it's something that could work?

i agree re Tammy, i dont think he is that much better than Watkins, tbh i think they are just similar, but better in different area's, certainly not worth investing 40m+ in.

I know we on paper play 2 strikers, but we dont really, we play with 1 striker and one shadow striker, who has more of the striker/winger/inside forward traits, so i still dont really think we are playing "two strikers".

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

No chance we play 2 strikers up top. It'll be 1 starts and a winger/forward beside

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I expect the player next to Watkins will be a more technical creator who will be positionally flexible and expected get 10 goals and 10 assists a season.

Its why I think Deulofeu was wanted in January

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sne said:

Well Collymore is suggesting we sell Watkins to Arsenal so maybe Tammy is replacing him :crylaugh:

Not good enough for villa, we should sell him to the team top of the league

I love that logic when talk of selling Ollie comes up, it's never to a team below us it's always sell him to a team above us and buy someone better

• Like 2

On 26/02/2023 at 18:21, wilko154 said:

You've got £100 million to spend, but you can only spend it on one player.

Which position in our current side are you spending the money on?

Hypotheitcally.....Jude Bellingham or Vinicius Jnr.

both are in easy reach for us....Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

4 hours ago, burchy said:

For the 40-45m we’d have to drop on Tammy surely there’s better options elsewhere? How much would Ramos go for at Benfica? 50-60m? I’d rather we put up that wedge and got a better player in.

There is a shortage of quality strikers.

Also as I have a said a few time.....

How are you selling?

Watkins? Archer? Duran?

17 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Other than him being another midget in the squad what do people think of Enzo Le Fee? 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/enzo-le-fee/profil/spieler/633992

Lovely player. Posted about him in the summer when I think he was available for £12m or something.

I think we're in a similar position now to then regarding him. I can only see him playing in one of the advanced midfield roles for us, and I think we'll rightly be going big there.

Not enough of a step on Ramsey, Buendia etc to be bringing him in IMO.

Don't trust him in the Luiz, Kamara role as similar as it is to what he does in France.

The Fairy :lol:

Edited by Tomaszk

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Lovely player. Posted about him in the summer when I think he was available for £12m or something.

I think we're in a similar position now to then regarding him. I can only see him playing in one of the advanced midfield roles for us, and I think we'll rightly be going big there.

Not enough of a step on Ramsey, Buendia etc to be bringing him in IMO.

Don't trust him in the Luiz, Kamara role as similar as it is to what he does in France.

The Fairy :lol:

I was thinking for one of the so called wide roles.

also can we name these wide roles because I feel the need to call them so called every time I refer to them as they aren’t real wide roles lol

3 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He’s posted some very good stats this season.

Yea people might think we are referring to the goals/assists but his tackles, passing etc are all in the top 5-10% for pretty much every metric