Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Hopefully we will strengthen in the summer and can score enough goals to finish 10th this season. Doubtful but not impossible, especially if we start to defend better.

You wrote 7th incorrectly 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He’s at £56,000 a week right now. You really think we’d bump it up to £120k or more if he joins?

He’s on £70k per week.  Given his contract is to expire in four months, his ability to get free transfer wages most likely will enable him to earn around what Ings earnt or a massive signing on fee with a more reasonable wage…either way it’s huge money. Very similar to what Kamara got from us.  So yes he will likely earn more than Ings over the equivalent period…fairly obvious really!

https://www.capology.com/player/moussa-dembele-35258/profile/

Moussa Dembélé (Centre-Forward) has 1 year and €4,100,000

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You wrote 7th incorrectly 😀

Haha. We weren't getting 7th BEFORE we sold our only clinical striker. We certainly won't be now. But we can still try and finish in the top half which is surely the aim this season.

10th would be amazing, if a little more difficult than many expect.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He’s on £70k per week.  Given his contract is to expire in four months, his ability to get free transfer wages most likely will enable him to earn around what Ings earnt or a massive signing on fee with a more reasonable wage…either way it’s huge money. Very similar to what Kamara got from us.

Hmm. What the heck wage site was I reading lol. I can see that now then, if they double his wages. Not that I would mind it though.

Do we know if Celtic’s 15% sell-on fee would affect our chances of signing him?

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Why are we all making up salaries for players. It's rife on here and everyone is incorrect. Everyone because it's non public data

I’m not sure that’s right CVByrne (Salary £2.35m per annum) 😜

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Hmm. What the heck wage site was I reading lol. I can see that now then, if they double his wages. Not that I would mind it though.

Do we know if Celtic’s 15% sell-on fee would affect our chances of signing him?

Lyon would probably just want a bit more fee but given the rumoured £3m I can’t imagine it’ll be massive impact to negotiations…or at least it won’t be a deal breaker.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

He’s on £70k per week.  Given his contract is to expire in four months, his ability to get free transfer wages most likely will enable him to earn around what Ings earnt or a massive signing on fee with a more reasonable wage…either way it’s huge money. Very similar to what Kamara got from us.  So yes he will likely earn more than Ings over the equivalent period…fairly obvious really!

This is a player who neither has the pedigree of Ings nor has the potential of Kamara. He isn’t exactly a hot property here and is very much a player who has lost his way. Yet you think we’d be paying him as much as we did for those two?

Jesus, just because he’ll be coming in for cheap doesn’t mean his salary is going to suddenly balloon to stupid levels. If he was given a salary that large, he’d be the highest paid player for several clubs. Do you really think we’d give that money to a guy who is most likely going to be our backup striker, paying him more than most our starting lineup? Ollie would be demanding a payrise.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

39 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

This is a player who neither has the pedigree of Ings nor has the potential of Kamara. He isn’t exactly a hot property here and is very much a player who has lost his way. Yet you think we’d be paying him as much as we did for those two?

Jesus, just because he’ll be coming in for cheap doesn’t mean his salary is going to suddenly balloon to stupid levels. If he was given a salary that large, he’d be the highest paid player for several clubs. Do you really think we’d give that money to a guy who is most likely going to be our backup striker, paying him more than most our starting lineup? Ollie would be demanding a payrise.

1) Do think a player who’s on £70k per week now and a free transfer in 5 months time will be massively increasing his earnings in his next contract like other free transfers? Most definitely 

2) isn’t hot property? Was heavily courted over the last few years by significant clubs, and yes he’s had a poor season this season but with the dearth of strikers around he’s got a choice of clubs, of which there are so many looking for a striker

3) he will be one of the highest paid players at the club he does eventually go to, that’s just reality

4) Do I think we’ll give him that type of money? Given other reports that Emery has been after him while at several other clubs, then if Emery wants him then yes he will get level of money whether directly as a weekly wage or as part of a huge signing on fee with a lower wage.

5). Emery has said he only wants to buy players improving our team, he’s very demanding thus it’s highly likely if Dembele comes it won’t be as back up striker.

6) Not sure Ollie has any reason to ask for a pay rise, he’s forgotten where the goal is.  If he continues like this he may eventually struggle to get a place in the team if players like Dembele and Deulofeu come in, players Emery wants.  His workrate will only get him so far once Emery starts bringing in players he wants.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

A perfect example of why stats are not the be all and end all then.

Depends what the criteria is.  Running around, mobile and pressing then Ollie wins.  Scoring, technical and football IQ plus pressing then Ings wins.  Ollie’s inability in front of goal is a massive downside.

Â