Moussa Dembélé

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Not according to the post in the Duran thread that says Villa watched him for 6 months before agreeing to sign him. That's a Lange signing if anything.

Villarreal were also linked with him, I imagine Unai knows who he was. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Can you elaborate? I don't understand the comparison here. 

I know, Dembele is 26 and he moved from Celtic to Lyon for around £20m in 2018. He's scored 21 goals in 30 League games last season for Lyon. So appears to me to be a good player of a good age

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It's not hyperbole as I think he is a poor player and wouldn't score the number of goals Ings does. Therefore a downgrade. A big one. I'd rather recall Archer.

I'm only picking up fag ends here. The first thing you said might not have been hyperbole, but saying you'd rather a player who's never proven himself (yet) beyond half a year at Preston and a few good games for us, over someone who is clearly vastly more established is probably verging on it.

• Like 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

I just find it odd that sections of the fan base were so keen on Danjuma despite Unai not being keen. Yet, we are seemingly keen on Dembele and that’s somehow bad?! Hard to keep up. 

Seeing a lot of ‘Trust Unai implicitly but why is he signing X and Y’ 

Just now, MSvillain said:

Seeing a lot of ‘Trust Unai implicitly but why is he signing X and Y’ 

It’s not unreasonable, to have trust in Emery but question the acquisition of certain players. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Can you elaborate? I don't understand the comparison here. 

The Barcelona version (being kind).

Player past his prime, motivation gone, offering nothing to the squad, sitting on massive wages.

Edited by Nigel

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I'm only picking up fag ends here. The first thing you said might not have been hyperbole, but saying you'd rather a player who's never proven himself (yet) beyond half a year at Preston and a few good games for us, over someone who is clearly vastly more established is probably verging on it.

I just don't want us to waste money on Dembele as I don't rate him at all. So instead of being stuck with Dembele for the next few years, I'd play Ollie and hope for the best whilst waiting for the summer to sign a better striker. Archer would just be as a back up.

All that is on the basis that we xant sign a better striker in January, which I accept is difficult. I'd genuinely rather wait than sign this guy.

11 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Don't let that stop you forming extremely strong opinions about how shit he is.

Nobody is doing that. And since you quoted me a few times in the Duran thread where I said he simply isn't ready to the lead the line of a Premier League team yet, it's pretty ridiculous. Learn to actually read what is being posted rather than making it up in your head to attack fellow fans.

I've seen Dembele play multiple times and don't rate him on that basis.

Edited by GlobalVillan

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s not unreasonable, to have trust in Emery but question the acquisition of certain players. 

Nah I get that, and I understand it’s a forum for discussion.

Its the more ‘outraged’ reactions I can’t understand, the man knows how to build a squad. 

• Like 1

I wonder if we are bringing in a winger who can play striker if we really are relaxed about signing Dembele now or in the summer. Because we 100% need a striker now.
Maybe our stance is for Lyon to think we don't mind waiting until summer so don't take the piss.

As for Dembele. He's a good player, no doubt. Probably isn't the elite level striker we're dreaming of but we might need to secure a top 8 position first before we convince one to come.

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I just don't want us to waste money on Dembele as I don't rate him at all. So instead of being stuck with Dembele for the next few years, I'd play Ollie and hope for the best whilst waiting for the summer to sign a better striker. Archer would just be as a back up.

All that is on the basis that we xant sign a better striker in January, which I accept is difficult. I'd genuinely rather wait than sign this guy.

If Watkins gets injured, then what?  Selling your back up striker with no replacement is not a good transfer policy.

Get someone like Dembele in now, who doesn't really improve us but offers another alternative, and then go back in the summer to replace Watkins.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If Watkins gets injured, then what?  Selling your back up striker with no replacement is not a good transfer policy.

Get someone like Dembele in now, who doesn't really improve us but offers another alternative, and then go back in the summer to replace Watkins.

I agree that I wouldn't have sold Ings at this stage. And certainly not to replace him with Dembele. We don't know that we are actually signing him yet though.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

I agree that I wouldn't have sold Ings at this stage. And certainly not to replace him with Dembele. We don't know that we are actually signing him yet though.

Not yet.  But seems to have the strongest links due to his contract situation and Lyon looking rid of him.

1 hour ago, duke313 said:
Lucas Digne fr FRA DF 29 £ 160,000 (€ 181,166, $192,482) £ 8,320,000 (€ 9,420,655, $10,009,038)

It's £160k and $192k which is verified on fbref.

Aston Villa Wage Details, All Competitions | FBref.com

Salaries on FBRef aren't verified, they actually caught a lot of criticism for including starting to include this on the site a few months ago.

Â