Jhon Durán

PieFacE

45 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

This might sound silly, but I would like to see him score a bunch of normal goals.  Feel all the worldies he scores are not sustainable over time.  If they are - then he would basically be the next Zlatan.   

Scored plenty of normal goals. He's quite the natural finisher.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

This might sound silly, but I would like to see him score a bunch of normal goals.  Feel all the worldies he scores are not sustainable over time.  If they are - then he would basically be the next Zlatan.   

He thinks they are normal....normal to him.

I hear he does it in training too.

I think it's there to see, his technique is sublime and with his timing , he has few peers.

I am not saying he is the complete centre forward, yet......what I am saying is, what he is good at, is no fluke.Its all to do with technique and balance.

If he can add the other attributes to his game....holding on to him, will be tricky.

In my time watching football, I have seen few players, who can strike the ball with such power and precision, as he does...he is a special talent, even now.

No place in the last third of a football field is safe, with him around.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Coincidentally, The Athletic dedicated their entire podcast to Duran today.  The data analyst kind of touched on my previous point  - that many of his goals are very low xG and that's likely unsustainable. He gave another stat that Duran's conversion rate is 40% while Halland's is 24% and most other players hover around 14%. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Coincidentally, The Athletic dedicated their entire podcast to Duran today.  The data analyst kind of touched on my previous point  - that many of his goals are very low xG and that's likely unsustainable. He gave another stat that Duran's conversion rate is 40% while Halland's is 24% and most other players hover around 14%. 

I think to expect every goal he scores back to back is a worldie, is asking a bit....but to expect him to hit those thunderbastards from time to time, is feasible....because it's in him.

3 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

The Athletic & Tifo liked to keep telling us our numbers as a team weren't sustainable in 22/23 & 23/24, so I guess we'll see... Also if someone was serving Duran high XG chances on a regular basis he'd no doubt put most of them away too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

He thinks they are normal....normal to him.

I hear he does it in training too.

I think it's there to see, his technique is sublime and with his timing , he has few peers.

I am not saying he is the complete centre forward, yet......what I am saying is, what he is good at, is no fluke.Its all to do with technique and balance.

If he can add the other attributes to his game....holding on to him, will be tricky.

In my time watching football, I have seen few players, who can strike the ball with such power and precision, as he does...he is a special talent, even now.

No place in the last third of a football field is safe, with him around.

I feel the same. The way he hits  the ball, he gives himself a better chance of scoring than most. The goal he scored for Colombia the other night  for example - most would have tried to clip it past the keeper, whereas he managed to absolutely leather it in with seemingly minimal effort.  

4 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

When he does get the easier chances though, the one-on-ones, do you feel confident? Because I do. His finishing technique is superb.

9 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

I'm not sure why it would be unsustainable.

It's not HIS xG. It's an average xG of all players with chances in all those positions. It seems like you're saying that he has been lucky to score low xG chances and that is not something we can rely on, when really he has just shown an incredible ability to score against the odds. 

11 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Yes but his xG let 90 is at 1.0 so if he scored at the expected rate he'd get a goal every 90 mins. If that was over a season of regular starts at that rate it's Haaland level 30+

In reality he's going to be lower xG probably in the 0.6 to 0.7 and outscore his xG (due to being an elite goal scorer). So he'll score 0.7 to 0.8 goals per 90 so an over 20 goals a season player 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â