Jhon Durán

PieFacE

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I wouldn't take this seriously. It was first reported by Carlos Antonio Vélez, a dinosaur sports journalist trying to remain relevant as his network is getting battered in terms of viewers every time the national team plays. Him not starting it's got to do more with the other number 9 missing a lot of chances against Bolivia, and the manager giving him the chance to redeem himself as the whole country criticized him because otherwise we wouldn't have lost that game.

Edited by Guardian_Angel_M
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, tinker said:

Great shot across the keeper, decent pass in the build up as well. We have a superstar, said it before, we have the best 2 strikers in the league, by quite a margin.

Agree, couldn’t understand why some on here didn’t care if he left, you could see his potential dripping off him. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Agree, couldn’t understand why some on here didn’t care if he left, you could see his potential dripping off him. 

Yep.

But I think a lot was spooked by his lack of discipline more than his talent.

It seems the penny has dropped, and he is seeing the benefits of being a composed member of Unai's camp.

long may it continue, because he could be anything he wants to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, tinker said:

Great shot across the keeper, decent pass in the build up as well. We have a superstar, said it before, we have the best 2 strikers in the league, by quite a margin.

Haaland is the best striker in the league. By a distance. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Haaland is the best striker in the league. By a distance. 

But city only have 1 in him,  I couldn't even tell you who there second striker is. We have a situation when I'm not sure who's our best and there both completely different as well, we have the best '2' strikers in the league .

4 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Can only speak for myself but I only wanted him gone because he was very uncommitted to Villa - nothing to do with his ability/potential - that was obviously off the scale.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, tinker said:

But city only have 1 in him,  I couldn't even tell you who there second striker is. We have a situation when I'm not sure who's our best and there both completely different as well, we have the best '2' strikers in the league .

Ooooooh I see what you mean. Apologies. 

Yes there is an argument for that

• Like 1

Wonder if we'll start him v Bologna. You saw Lucumi in the goal clip and he's a CB for them so would be a nice battle between two high performing Colombians. Palace cup game is a cert aswell, infact I'd start him in every single league cup game right up to the final if we get that far.

16 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Remember when some thought Archer was better.

as players develop, opinions can change...its quite normal.

Football has always been about changed opinions, mainly because Players outcomes change.

21 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some people genuinely said we " Should have sold Watkins and kept Archer " at the start of last season.

Not even kidding 🤦🏽‍♂️😂

Both, too good to sell.

peaks and troughs of form can play tricks on fans appreciation of players....and we change our opinions, when consistency kicks in.

I think too much emphasis is placed on someone's opinion of a player....We all flip flop at times, its normal.

I could certainly criticise myself for it.

The other thing to remember, particularly with a young player who is developing and adding attributes to his game. Is the fact that some attributes are stark and well developed and some are sparse and need to be worked on and depending which ones we focus on, will render differences of opinion.

as an example.....I don't think Jhon Duran, will ever improve his ability to strike the ball, because it's already "world Class" .....but other things he will.

Edited by TRO

This season really is becoming his break out season.

The penny seems to have dropped that he is being developed by a master & also that he has friends within the squad that are professional good examples to follow.

Long may it continue.

This might sound silly, but I would like to see him score a bunch of normal goals.  Feel all the worldies he scores are not sustainable over time.  If they are - then he would basically be the next Zlatan.   

4 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

This might sound silly, but I would like to see him score a bunch of normal goals.  Feel all the worldies he scores are not sustainable over time.  If they are - then he would basically be the next Zlatan.   

One of his greatest assets is really the sheer range of goals he is able to score. It’s a very rare trait in a striker and makes a defenders life much more difficult. 

48 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

He's already scored normal goals though lol 

The worldies just get .more attention because well, they are worldies and have this season been clutch match winners.

I'm pretty sure as he gets more game time, he'll also score more normal goals, AND worldies?

I'm not sure if you are insinuating that his finishing is so good that you want him to prove he can score shit goals? 😂

The one he had ruled out for example, was another exquisite finish, it would have been a " normal goal " but finished with perfection and precision.

For balance, I'd love it if Ollie could score worldies!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â