Jhon Durán

PieFacE

48 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Nice surprise. Seems he's really settled in and got his head down this season. Pretty clear the sky's the limit with this kid, and we've got him tied down to a 6 year contract.

How many 20-ish year old strikers are there getting good gametime at the elite level? I think Ferguson and Højlund might genuinely be the only other strikers around that age bracket in the Prem right now.

Cole Palmer said "Hello"!!

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Can't believe this, he's gonna be a huge star for us and he's ours for 6 more years!

He probably already is.

Probably the best player in world football, not to make the first team.😃

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The whole pre-season strop may well have just been Duran trying to get a new contract and had no intention of leaving. 

It's the performances that have got him that contract and rightly so!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Good lord. 
If I could pick a favourite noise, that sound even before the ball hits the back of the net against Everton has to be well up there. Such a an amazing goal in many ways. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Good lord. 
If I could pick a favourite noise, that sound even before the ball hits the back of the next against Everton has to be well up there. Such a an amazing goal in many ways. 

Very reminiscent of the great Tony Morley goal against the same opposition.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2024 at 10:11, Pongo Waring said:

I definitely think he leaves in the summer. So wouldn't get too attached. 

I want to.

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Very reminiscent of the great Tony Morley goal against the same opposition.

That was the Game, Shankly endorsed us, with some sweet comments.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Romano said that the new contract had been verbally agreed in the summer after the West Ham bid collapsed. 

That may be so, but I doubt very much it would have been the same contract without the recent performances. 

The good thing is that his agent now propbably has gotten a decent fee. So he will be patient for at least a year.... But I actually believe that Duran will go to Real Madrid in a couple of years. At the expense of Haaland.

Edited by DeepDish

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Noted Vidigany's "Now is the time to be humble". Deputy headmaster warning. 

I've no idea what this means, but I hope it means "let's all calm down because there's a long way to go"

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

A striker is a player whose main purpose is to score goals. Cole got twenty last season and four in one half, he's a striker in my book.

9 penalties. Foden and Saka are strikers because scored lots of goals. Luiz scored similar amount as some strikers so is striker. 

6 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

9 penalties. Foden and Saka are strikers because scored lots of goals. Luiz scored similar amount as some strikers so is striker. 

Luiz never scored anything close to twenty a season, and he certainly didn't score four in one half.

Edited by sheepyvillian

25 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

A striker is a player whose main purpose is to score goals. Cole got twenty last season and four in one half, he's a striker in my book.

No, a striker is a position on the pitch, in my book anyway.

Edited by Tom13

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â