Jhon Durán

PieFacE

11 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The club are too smart to put release clauses in contracts these days.  I just think he's been offered a big pay rise and now has a few mates who 'get' him in the team so is far happier. 

Too smart? The Grealish release clause was absolutely monumental part of why we are in this position today. 

• Like 4

Fingers crossed now he continues to do well and develop and doesn’t rest on his laurels, which can sometimes be the case once a young player gets a lucrative (even more lucrative) contract.

He’s got the attention of the footballing world right now, so it’s the time to capitalise, not sit back.

1 hour ago, allani said:

but also great from Duran to come back from a "difficult" summer and rebuild his career at VP.  

It is normal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jokes aside, this really is a differently run club on the player side now isn't it?

The players must REALLY believe.

I'm shocked each time we get a player to sign a contract who most think are ( or potentially )off.

Admittedly was even surprised when Martinez signed another one.

Whether it's just holding value exercises or not is irrelevant imo.

When you hear how the players talk about Unai and the club it's evident we really have a " family " unit.

Even Buendia after scoring his goal said " I love this club ". Martinez pretty much consistently the same as well.

Obviously they also get paid handsomely.

all-of-this-goldie-chan.gif

Nice surprise. Seems he's really settled in and got his head down this season. Pretty clear the sky's the limit with this kid, and we've got him tied down to a 6 year contract.

How many 20-ish year old strikers are there getting good gametime at the elite level? I think Ferguson and Højlund might genuinely be the only other strikers around that age bracket in the Prem right now.

Edited by wishywashy

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jokes aside, this really is a differently run club on the player side now isn't it?

The players must REALLY believe.

I'm shocked each time we get a player to sign a contract who most think are ( or potentially )off.

Admittedly was even surprised when Martinez signed another one.

Whether it's just holding value exercises or not is irrelevant imo.

When you hear how the players talk about Unai and the club it's evident we really have a " family " unit.

Even Buendia after scoring his goal said " I love this club ". Martinez pretty much consistently the same as well.

Obviously they also get paid handsomely.

What a master - stroke! Seemingly on the verge of departing, and now looking absolutely smitten with all things Villa. It speaks volumes about the direction in which  our club is heading, enjoy the journey, I say!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alakagom said:

Too smart? The Grealish release clause was absolutely monumental part of why we are in this position today. 

You're missing the point I think.

1. What if we could have gotten more? ( Unlikely... But a part of the argument )

2. If they are tied down to a contract with a good amount of time on it, you don't have to entertain any offers, regardless of how big they are.

3. Poacher type clubs will already know what they need to play to take a player from you. Imagine if it turned out Emi Martinez had a 50 mill release clause?

Hence I agree, we aren't dumb enough to put certain clauses in our contracts anymore. Not saying we have NONE, but I don't think they will be the type which will force our hand against our will.

I am just glad to see a few arms around him now....not easy for a young kid coming to a foreign country, with all the things buzzing around you.

He is not married, which would help him, so I hope he has some family, to keep him on the straight and Narrow.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

What a master - stroke! Seemingly on the verge of departing, and now looking absolutely smitten with all things Villa. It speaks volumes about the direction in which  our club is heading, enjoy the journey, I say!!

The whole pre-season strop may well have just been Duran trying to get a new contract and had no intention of leaving. 

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The whole pre-season strop may well have just been Duran trying to get a new contract and had no intention of leaving. 

No he said he liked their badge and the bubbles.

Edited by TRO

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â