Jhon Durán

PieFacE

11 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Just a thought 🤔 imagine if we did sell him to west Ham where we'd be right now ......  maybe sitting on 8pts in the prem (mid table) may have gone out against Wycombe & 1 win 1 draw maybe in the Champions league. Could well be a very different atmosphere on Villatalk currently. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Just a thought 🤔 imagine if we did sell him to west Ham where we'd be right now ......  maybe sitting on 8pts in the prem (mid table) may have gone out against Wycombe & 1 win 1 draw maybe in the Champions league. Could well be a very different atmosphere on Villatalk currently. 

Sure we would have got Fullkrug instead 😂

2 hours ago, villanmac said:

Absolutely, as a teenager from the MLS you'd have to say he was on 30k/40k max, which was fair at the time. No doubt the London clubs were talking about doubling that at least. He'd have thought, I'm not starter at villa, I might as well fight for a starting position somewhere else on more money.

Was listed as 30 k according to the internet.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I am one of the people, who, based on his cameos last season and his summer antics, was unimpressed by him, and not bothered if he left.

But my god, he has really turned it around and I am now a big fan and desperate for him to stay.

He has incredible talent, with a hint of crazy that is quite captivating.

So well done, young man, I am on your bandwagon.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am one of the people, who, based on his cameos last season and his summer antics, was unimpressed by him, and not bothered if he left.

But my god, he has really turned it around and I am now a big fan and desperate for him to stay.

He has incredible talent, with a hint of crazy that is quite captivating.

So well done, young man, I am on your bandwagon.

Yeah, I'm in that boat as well. I think it was a perfectly reasonable position to want the kid to get to **** after his Hammers sign, tbh, he was quite happily pouring petrol over the bridge.

Full credit to him for putting in such good performances that he's won pretty much everyone back around, long may it continue.

• Like 2

I said in the post - Bayern thread we should give him a contract extension immediately.

Nice to know someone at B6 reads my posts 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wow!  What a turnaround in such a short space of time.  Great from the club to get this sorted but also great from Duran to come back from a "difficult" summer and rebuild his career at VP.  Hopefully, he's already seeing the benefit in terms of the reaction from the fans (the roar when he got called over by Emery on Sunday and told to get ready to go on was amazing), the relationship with his team mates and now a long term deal that I am sure will have been structured in such a way as to demonstrate that he has a big part to play in our journey.

I was a bit unsure over the summer, I felt we did the right thing in sticking to our guns over his value and not just accepting the best of West Ham's bids and now I think we've done incredibly well to get the new deal done in double quick time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I count four goals that would / should be in contention for a Goal of the Season award already.  He's got a bit of everything he really has.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â