Jhon Durán

PieFacE

16 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Or Watkins? If one of them was to leave this summer who would people rather let go, Watkins or Duran?

It's not for choosing....if we lost either, it would mean losing qualities to the team.

I am not sure, I understand the clamour for the question......as its loaded with mischief and destruction. Only those that want to see our wings clipped, seem to want to ask it.

If, is a little word, with a big meaning......I don't envisage us in that position. I think the club are competent at looking after players, they want to keep.

Only, if we want them gone, will they go.

I understand to a degree, Journo's seeking sensationalism for their editors, will want to seek headlines.....but we shouldn't entertain it.

As any student of the game, is well aware, they both bring different qualities to our play.....so they are both revered, in their own right.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 03/10/2024 at 07:04, Leeroy said:

As much as I love Ollie and think he suits us perfectly, I’d very, very reluctantly consider selling him over Duran.

Ollie will be 29 in a few months, he’s 8 years older than Duran and his pace will probably start to decline in the next 2 years or so. 

Duran is still unreliable when he starts games, I get that, he’s yet to show he fits our system like Ollie does. But that will come and I personally think in 3 years he’ll be as prolific as Haaland as a regular starter. He’s got all the attributes to do that, if his big ego doesn’t get the better.

Make no bones about it, if we sold Duran tomorrow it would to one of the biggest clubs in Europe. West Ham wouldn’t stand a chance now.

I doubt Ollie will decline any time in the next three years at least. He is a much better player than Duran and far more important to us imo.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I definitely think he leaves in the summer. So wouldn't get too attached. 

I'm with you on this one. All the vibes I get from him and his surroundings is that he'll leave as soon as a Chelsea or Bayern or whatever the club of his dreams is, comes with an offer. As someone else said, he'll fund whatever needs to be done to keep competing.

The positive about the increasing external noise around Duran and his goal scoring exploits, is that it ensure that Watkins will know he needs to be fully at it, and scoring, because if not the clamour for Duran to start will become impossible to ignore.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

It's not for choosing....if we lost either, it would mean losing qualities to the team.

I am not sure, I understand the clamour for the question......as its loaded with mischief and destruction. Only those that want to see our wings clipped, seem to want to ask it.

If, is a little word, with a big meaning......I don't envisage us in that position. I think the club are competent at looking after players, they want to keep.

Only, if we want them gone, will they go.

I understand to a degree, Journo's seeking sensationalism for their editors, will want to seek headlines.....but we shouldn't entertain it.

As any student of the game, is well aware, they both bring different qualities to our play.....so they are both revered, in their own right.

yeah, yeah, but which one?

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Mental how underappreciated Ollie still is 

Some people allow flash to blind them to the ugly work.

Bayern was an example of Ollie at his finest, he was giving Upmenecano and co a torrid time.

In fact, if the ref wasn't an absolute clearing in the woods, Ollie breaks away clean and scores, or gets him sent off.

Ollie is an all round 7 - 8 out of 10 pretty consistently in all departments.

Duran is that maverick rated as " has that special something " on FIFA who can produce the spectacular as a match winner.

To progress even further, we need BOTH, they both play a huge part and we are extremely lucky to have both.

Great teams have multiple I gradients like this which turn up clutch and win them games.

As the season progresses, and they get better and more in sync, don't be surprised to see scenarios where they both start and tear teams to shreds.

Having said that, let's try and convince him to sign a new contract at once!

Totally agree great teams can have both such players, but feel that's pretty unlikely with Duran's mentality, he'll want to be undisputed starter sooner than later, given how much credit he's getting nowadays he might be settled for this season at least, learn the ropes.. But come the summer window opens I'm sure we'll have to make a hard choice. It's not as clearcut as it seems given Watkins will be months away from hitting 30s and he relies on his athleticism a lot.  Of course there is the solution Emery figures out a system where we can play both of them at the same time, but can't see it myself yet! 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â