Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Winning matches has a way of papering over issues with morale and game time and so on. Right now he's all the talk of the town despite only playing 300 or so minutes this season; the limited game time has done nothing to dampen his rise. He may be able to accept that trade-off in the short term, which hopefully can last a fair while. 

It'll become harder if and when we hit a bad patch of form, Ollie isn't scoring or has some bad games and is still starting ahead of Duran etc. 

Yeah I sort of agree that talk of him replacing Watkins is still premature. He needs to start and impact a game for the full 90 like Watkins does before he can become our main man, and he hasn't proved he can do it yet (although I'm not saying that he won't be able to).

I'm also convinced he'll be trying to get out of here the moment he gets a whiff of one of the "big" clubs putting in an offer, so I'd be a bit hesitant making him our main man for that reason too. Whereas I think most of our other players are sensible enough to think long and hard before moving to another club, even if it has a bigger reputation.

• Like 2

Trying not to get too attached, next opportunity he gets he'll kick up a fuss I think. Already interviewed last night that Bayern is his dream club.

Enjoy him while we can and hopefully he keeps up this form and earns up a large amount of cash.

No way should he be starting ahead of Watkins as well. 

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Any good links to the goal? I was just wanting to watch it about 50 times while I have a tea break but there's loads of chancers who've made clickbait bullshit that have made it hard to find...

Found it on a full matches and highlights type site. So don't post links in case it's naughty. got another 40 odd views to get through, back later 👍

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Four years ago he was playing in the Colombian league when 16, he signed for Chicago Fire when 17. Moving to the Prem at 19 was a major cultural and financial change. He’s in need of guidance and a father figure and Unai is giving him that. He’s still so young. And can only improve and this is the best place for him. I don’t know what the future holds but I am absolutely glad that Monchi and co stuck to their guns over his valuation. 

Need to get him Infront of a favourable agent most importantly.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He could solve all of our PSR problems in 1 hit. 

But create a bunch of new problems. We'd be bottom half and maybe out of the league cup without his goals

Appreciate we'd be able to buy replacements, but selling the hottest young striker on the planet not named Kylian or Erling probably isn't at the top of our plans for him now

Suppose it depends how thin the thread is between his current form, motivation, work ethic and the nightmare pain the ass he can also be

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Good to hear Unai say that he has come back this season will a better attitude, commitment and work rate. Hopefully there's news of him signing a new contract early in 2025. 

Seems to be the club line, all the other players interviewed this year have said the same thing. 

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

I'm also convinced he'll be trying to get out of here the moment he gets a whiff of one of the "big" clubs putting in an offer, so I'd be a bit hesitant making him our main man for that reason too. Whereas I think most of our other players are sensible enough to think long and hard before moving to another club, even if it has a bigger reputation.

I'm not sure it's as much him as it is the club, forced into it by PSR. Nonetheless, he's our golden cow.

He will be sold for PSR purposes (enjoy him while it lasts) as soon as a suitably profitable bid comes in. Same goes for Nedeljković, who is probably a year or two away from it.

We will reinvest the profit in proven quality to strengthen the squad while, also, bringing in the next golden cow or two. Rinse, repeat, until PSR is inevitably scrapped.

This seems to be our transfer window sustainability and progression model, trying to adopt something similar to Dortmund's in recent years (think Haaland (40m Euros profit), Bellingham (78-130m bonuses dependent), Dembélé (90-130m), Sancho (76m), Pulisic (64m), etc, etc)... and they made the Champions League final last season. Not saying we will*, but the model works.

*we totally will

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â