Jhon Durán

PieFacE

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

He is such a unique player that you cant think of a similar style of maverick player. You can tell he is a street player

We are in possession of a unique talent

In terms of the brash personality, supreme self belief and otherworldly finishing, he reminds me of Ibrahimovic.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He could solve all of our PSR problems in 1 hit. 

It's a bit sick to think about but in the modern era, you have to. Top notch piece of scouting this, he's probably quadrupled in value. We're insulated in case either he or Watkins decide to move on.

• Like 1

As much as I love Ollie and think he suits us perfectly, I’d very, very reluctantly consider selling him over Duran.

Ollie will be 29 in a few months, he’s 8 years older than Duran and his pace will probably start to decline in the next 2 years or so. 

Duran is still unreliable when he starts games, I get that, he’s yet to show he fits our system like Ollie does. But that will come and I personally think in 3 years he’ll be as prolific as Haaland as a regular starter. He’s got all the attributes to do that, if his big ego doesn’t get the better.

Make no bones about it, if we sold Duran tomorrow it would to one of the biggest clubs in Europe. West Ham wouldn’t stand a chance now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

As much as I love Ollie and think he suits us perfectly, I’d very, very reluctantly consider selling him over Duran.

Ollie will be 29 in a few months, he’s 8 years older than Duran and his pace will probably start to decline in the next 2 years or so. 

Duran is still unreliable when he starts games, I get that, he’s yet to show he fits our system like Ollie does. But that will come and I personally think in 3 years he’ll be as prolific as Haaland as a regular starter. He’s got all the attributes to do that, if his big ego doesn’t get the better.

Make no bones about it, if we sold Duran tomorrow it would to one of the biggest clubs in Europe. West Ham wouldn’t stand a chance now.

This is, and will be, something on the clubs mind. I wouldn’t sell either in a perfect world, but if Duran continues to impress and starts to affect games from the START of a match, it’s a nice problem to have.

We’re a well run club now. Taking £60m for Watkins over £85m for Duran (insert your own made up numbers here) would be a brave bit of business but you keep value in the squad and keep the average age down. Personally, I still prefer Watkins but you simply can’t deny Duran much longer. He is inevitable. 

• Like 2

The agent of chaos. Goals out of nothing are his trademark. However, his all round game has to improve. Ollie first half was superb, a menace to their defence.

Duran at the moment is a perfect player to bring on against a tiring defence. Until he can be a consistent thorn in a defence's side he won't get a start ahead of Ollie. And I know he has to have a run of games to show he can.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Giving him the 9 shirt is up there with managerial masterstrokes as Deano putting his arm around Jack and making him captain. Totally changed their trajectories. 

Hadn't thought of that. I suppose it probably satisfied his need to be the main man, albeit in a slightly illusory way - but perhaps that's how you communicate with Big Jhon, in the dreamworld. 

25 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Hadn't thought of that. I suppose it probably satisfied his need to be the main man, albeit in a slightly illusory way - but perhaps that's how you communicate with Big Jhon, in the dreamworld. 

Four years ago he was playing in the Colombian league when 16, he signed for Chicago Fire when 17. Moving to the Prem at 19 was a major cultural and financial change. He’s in need of guidance and a father figure and Unai is giving him that. He’s still so young. And can only improve and this is the best place for him. I don’t know what the future holds but I am absolutely glad that Monchi and co stuck to their guns over his valuation. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â