Jhon Durán

PieFacE

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t see how any of that is relevant to be honest

It is relevant though, it's obviously hand ball but it's not judged as being a different phase of play?

How do they differentiate between phases on handball, or fouls and then offsides? Because offsides are seemingly seconds or literally one pass and it's deemed perfectly fine as it's a different phase 

Not overly bothered by it as it ultimately meant nothing and it was such a clear cut handball in the first place but the whole thing just seems like an inconsistent mess - of their own making 

My commentator never actually said either but they checked the second goal for handball, I bet that was Ollie as he got booted in the air and landed on the ball, they got the decision right there but it's **** madness that they even checked and thought about that 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

It is relevant though, it's obviously hand ball but it's not judged as being a different phase of play?

How do they differentiate between phases on handball, or fouls and then offsides? Because offsides are seemingly seconds or literally one pass and it's deemed perfectly fine as it's a different phase 

Not overly bothered by it as it ultimately meant nothing and it was such a clear cut handball in the first place but the whole thing just seems like an inconsistent mess - of their own making 

My commentator never actually said either but they checked the second goal for handball, I bet that was Ollie as he got booted in the air and landed on the ball, they got the decision right there but it's **** madness that they even checked and thought about that 

It’s a blatant handball where we literally took the ball up the pitch to score. It’s not like we lost possession or passed it 50 times afterwards. 

I agree it’s inconsistent and that’s massively frustrating. 

I just think it’s hard to be annoyed when it was extremely obviously the right outcome. There’s no way play should have continued. 

If that happened the other way round we’d all be applauding it

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

I have a feeling he is affecting Ollie. Ollie needs to cop on realise they are different types of strikers... Ollies demeanour has changed this season

If that's the case then I'm sorry but tough, we do what's best for the club, not Ollie. 

Look at how Digne has responded, he's come on leaps and bounds. 

I love Ollie but he can't have it all unless it's deserved. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s a blatant handball where we literally took the ball up the pitch to score. It’s not like we lost possession or passed it 50 times afterwards. 

I agree it’s inconsistent and that’s massively frustrating. 

I just think it’s hard to be annoyed when it was extremely obviously the right outcome. There’s no way play should have continued. 

If that happened the other way round we’d all be applauding it

Irrelevant 

46 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Begs the question how long do they give it? I think it should be equal to a ref playing advantage. 

From memory, Onana controls it (with his hand), passes out wide to Digne(?) who finds Duran to score.

Irrespective of time - within reason - it’s had a direct impact on the goal being scored.

Right decision to disallow it IMO; just a shame given the quality of the strike. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

From memory, Onana controls it (with his hand), passes out wide to Digne(?) who finds Duran to score.

Irrespective of time - within reason - it’s had a direct impact on the goal being scored.

Right decision to disallow it IMO; just a shame given the quality of the strike. 

I'm being a dick. I do think there has to be a limit to how far they go back, I think different passage of play is what they go back to but we hardly stole it unfairly. Not sure yet another rule helps, and yes probs just salty cos what a finish 

Just now, Jareth said:

I'm being a dick. I do think there has to be a limit to how far they go back, I think different passage of play is what they go back to but we hardly stole it unfairly. Not sure yet another rule helps, and yes probs just salty cos what a finish 

I think the time is less relevant - again, within reason - than what actually happens.

This is 2 passes from a goal. If it was more, or if they intercepted the ball then we won it back, I think it stands. But 2 passes of which the first comes about because the ball is handled? Just seems sensible to me. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

If that's the case then I'm sorry but tough, we do what's best for the club, not Ollie. 

Look at how Digne has responded, he's come on leaps and bounds. 

I love Ollie but he can't have it all unless it's deserved. 

I wasnt defending him and I was just commenting

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

I think the time is less relevant - again, within reason - than what actually happens.

This is 2 passes from a goal. If it was more, or if they intercepted the ball then we won it back, I think it stands. But 2 passes of which the first comes about because the ball is handled? Just seems sensible to me. 

Deffo more than 2 passes. Time, and distance for me, it's not close when he handles it, plenty of territory for them to stop the goal from there. 

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

It was more wasn't it?

Onana laid it off to Tielemans who played it in the Duran, cos it's then Duran with a good pass out to digne, I was still admiring the pass when he scored 

Like I said to me it's more the whole phase of play thing and where they draw it back to, on offsides they seemingly use every pass as a new phase* but here where is the line? Stevo is right I can't be pissed over it because it's so obviously the right decision 

* And to be fair I detest how they do phases of play for offside, it's utter nonsense 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, WooJung said:

What a finish, shame it didn't count. This kid is special, let's just hope he keeps his head on his shoulders.

Massive credit to whomever scouted him

Every time I see him I just think how far can this guy go if he works hard and keeps a level head.

Would have been wasted at West Ham, he is so much better than that.

Edited by AJG23

Pretty much every other club's fans would love to have him at their club now and are very jealous that he's with us. I really hope we keep him, but we're going to make serious bank if we do have to sell for whatever reason. 

44 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Deffo more than 2 passes. Time, and distance for me, it's not close when he handles it, plenty of territory for them to stop the goal from there. 

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It was more wasn't it?

Onana laid it off to Tielemans who played it in the Duran, cos it's then Duran with a good pass out to digne, I was still admiring the pass when he scored 

Like I said to me it's more the whole phase of play thing and where they draw it back to, on offsides they seemingly use every pass as a new phase* but here where is the line? Stevo is right I can't be pissed over it because it's so obviously the right decision 

* And to be fair I detest how they do phases of play for offside, it's utter nonsense 

Yeah, I’m misremembering wildly 😂

…although I still think the time is irrelevant. It directly leads to us scoring from winning possession in that manner. I have no idea what a “phase” is!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â