Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s about 2 seconds which would be absolutely insane 😂😂

This was in the move that led to the goal. It was about 15 seconds before we scored. I think that’s fair enough 

But it's not like we win it unfairly anywhere near their goal, there's a ton of work to get it from there to scoring. Advantage can last a lot longer. 

Just now, Jareth said:

But it's not like we win it unfairly anywhere near their goal, there's a ton of work to get it from there to scoring. Advantage can last a lot longer. 

I don’t see how any of that is relevant to be honest

7 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

A big difference this season is that he’s clearly more on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. JJ knows where to find him with that edge of the box positioning 

I think he gets on well with JJ, Morgan and Onana and that’s helping his game. 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Would be interesting to see how Emery solves this. Is Duran replacing Watkins, or can they play together, maybe Duran can play behind Watkins and Rogers get dropped?

That we have to drop some top class player to give Duran a start, is testament to how we have improved the squad.

3 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Would be interesting to see how Emery solves this. Is Duran replacing Watkins, or can they play together, maybe Duran can play behind Watkins and Rogers get dropped?

That we have to drop some top class player to give Duran a start, is testament to how we have improved the squad.

The funny thing is that we’ve sort of got the perfect equilibrium between the two of them now but it’s inherently unstable and can’t last the season.

Watkins performs best when he’s backed fully by the manager which points to him starting every game, most likely on his own up front. Duran clearly performs well when he’s trying to prove he’s good enough. So we’re in a very good spot right now with Watkins starting and hopefully scoring; if he doesn’t then Duran comes on and scores anyway! But its unstable since Duran will presumably start pushing for a move again if he doesn’t get more deserved time. And who could blame him. 

Which means we may well compromise to get Duran more game time. I actually think playing him with Watkins is the worst option. You have to sacrifice one of Ramsey, McGinn, Bailey, Rogers and rogers in general has been v good in the 10 role. But more than that, we know from the Ings experience that Watkins doesn’t perform well in a two since he becomes insecure and refuses to link up with the other striker. 

Sadly for Ollie my best guess as to how this plays out is that Duran ultimately gets selected in his stead and probably keeps it for the rest of the season once it happens. The alternative is to keep Duran as second choice and most likely lose him in one of the next transfer windows which I’m not sure is the best move for the club given the age differential between the two 

11 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

I have a feeling he is affecting Ollie. Ollie needs to cop on realise they are different types of strikers... Ollies demeanour has changed this season

I think he'll be fine, just not fully in the groove yet.

He's always been a bit moody to me.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he'll be fine, just not fully in the groove yet.

He's always been a bit moody to me.

Probably correct, Ollie just seems a little put off by him.... he should embrace it and let it make him better. We need them both on fire

• Like 1

I actually think Duran has the ability to play as a wide forward or SS as well.

I don't think him and Ollie in the same team is as wild as it sounds.

Whether it be through injury, suspension, loss of form, system change for certain opposition etc it wouldn't surprise me to see them both on sometimes 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â