Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Dying to know how much of a rarity that strike was for Duran. Like, does he hit those in training and maybe 1 in 100 hit the top corner? Or is that a regular thing for him?

How surprised was he that it hit the top corner I wonder 

As has been mentioned, he’s had a spectacular effort nearly go in against Citeh. 

His goals against Palace last season, against Ajax…he’s clearly got in him to score these sort of goals.

26 minutes ago, blunther said:

It shouldn’t matter as far as how good the goal was, but knowing that McGinn’s was an equaliser in a game we went on to lose, whereas this was the winning goal in a 3-2 does make this one have the edge for me. 

Yeah I kinda try and remove the context of the game but it’s difficult.

What amounts to a consolation goal in the championship fixture v a winning goal in The Most Played Fixture (trademark) having been two nil down. It’s tricky not to factor that in.

• Like 1

I must admit you could tell exactly what was on his mind and immediately though what the hell is he thinking shooting from there..............

Turns out he knew better than me and there was no wSy T Rex arms was saving that

17 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Ridiculous strike… how far out was it? And it hit the top corner…

Missile!!!

If you pause the video as he hits the ball you will see the stripes cut into the pitch grass have 6 yard spacing as they line up perfectly with the 6 yard box, penalty spot and 18 yard box. I make that a 31 yard shot from the goal line.

• Like 2

He just knows how to score goals

I do believe he is a more natural goalscorer than Watkins is

On current form I would probably start him ahead of Watkins but it's a nice luxury problem to have

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still can't believe that goal. Has there ever been a better strike at Villa Park? I'm thinking of McGinns volley but you can generate a lot more power from a volley. To hit a ball that hard with hardly any back lift is mental. 

McGinn's against Sheffield Wednesday because it was a volley.

For distance Stiliyan Petrov's against Derby.

For total amazement Chris Nicholl's against Everton or Savo's in the League Cup final.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still can't believe that goal. Has there ever been a better strike at Villa Park? I'm thinking of McGinns volley but you can generate a lot more power from a volley. To hit a ball that hard with hardly any back lift is mental. 

Dean Saunders against Ipswich was pretty decent. Collymore vs Atletico Madrid. But McGinn’s against Sheffield Wednesday takes some beating.

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

He just knows how to score goals

I do believe he is a more natural goalscorer than Watkins is

On current form I would probably start him ahead of Watkins but it's a nice luxury problem to have

Ill be shocked if he doesn't start against Young Boys. 

45 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Who was that on comms with Rigo? Gary Thompson? 😂🤣🙈

Like others, I was thinking "What are you doing?!" when JD started winding up to shoot. And like Emi/Yuri I had my hands on my head for a good couple of minutes when it went in! 🤯

The only problem is that the crowd will be calling him to shoot from anywhere and everywhere going forward. No doubt Emery will get fed up with that like O'Leary used to get with Der Hammer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onmeedson said:

The latest thinking is not to shoot outside the box,  Big John just chews on coaching advice and spits it out.

It will be interesting to see if he develops the ability that Ollie has to be in the right place to score the tap ins as well as the great finishes.  It's the old cliche of great goalscorers vs scorers of great goals.

2 hours ago, Strog said:

Dean Saunders against Ipswich was pretty decent. Collymore vs Atletico Madrid. But McGinn’s against Sheffield Wednesday takes some beating.

After I had finished screaming and jumping up and down after Collymore's goal, I nearly passed out from lack of oxygen.😧

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â