Jhon Durán

PieFacE

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think I know who you’re referring to.

Would genuinely be interested in hearing his opinion now. I remember (and can locate) a post where they stated that they wouldn’t want him playing for us if we were a championship side and that he’d probably end up playing at that level or a midtable La Liga club.

They signed off their post by saying that when that happens people will conveniently forget they mocked him who was ultimately proven right. Would be interested to know how certain they are of still being proven right. And what they think his valuation now is, which was another highly debated point.

Too busy dealing with legal problems and keeping their head down now

• Like 1

Dying to know how much of a rarity that strike was for Duran. Like, does he hit those in training and maybe 1 in 100 hit the top corner? Or is that a regular thing for him?

How surprised was he that it hit the top corner I wonder 

34 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Interesting that he seems to be gelling  with more and more of the players . 

hopefully this helps him settle but either  way his price tag is going up with every game 

Rogers and Onana seem to particularly get on with him.  Before he always seemed a bit of an outsider but now we have reduced the age profile of the squad a bit he does seem a lot happier.  He's one of those players that needs to be loved.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Dying to know how much of a rarity that strike was for Duran. Like, does he hit those in training and maybe 1 in 100 hit the top corner? Or is that a regular thing for him?

He’s too busy conjuring up all the chaos magic to do this “training” you speak of

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe912052mnml7hm7xu5c8x

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 2

That's the thing, we knew he was this chaotic bundle of energy who knows where the goals are and makes things happen, but lashing one inside out into the top corner from 40 yards? He's playing on easy mode. 

He's also minimum £20mil more expensive than he was a month ago. 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still can't believe that goal. Has there ever been a better strike at Villa Park? I'm thinking of McGinns volley but you can generate a lot more power from a volley. To hit a ball that hard with hardly any back lift is mental. 

I think Angel’s long range effort against Chelsea in the league cup was just as good but the power generated by Duran was immense

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still can't believe that goal. Has there ever been a better strike at Villa Park? I'm thinking of McGinns volley but you can generate a lot more power from a volley. To hit a ball that hard with hardly any back lift is mental. 

McGinn’s volley is way better than Duran’s. And Duran’s was **** amazing. 

But that McGinn goal is one of the best goals I’ve ever seen

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Most likely he will never score a goal like this again.

But oh boy, he will be now shooting from every position as soon as he gets the ball. 😊

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

McGinn’s volley is way better than Duran’s. And Duran’s was **** amazing. 

But that McGinn goal is one of the best goals I’ve ever seen

Yeh McGinns was pretty special.  It's a shame we still lost that game. 

I think the fact Duran's was a winner too makes it that little bit sweeter though.

There's going to be cry's of shoot now whenever he gets the ball.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has there ever been a better strike at Villa Park? 

I was going to say Stan Vs Atletico Madrid, but just rewatched it and it's nowhere near Duran's.

Matt Lowton Vs Stoke still tops it imo, but I think we ended up losing that game so Durans has "Winner" over it

Oh yes! McGinns. Just incredible. Should've won a Puskas. The third angle is where it's at

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 2

Didn’t he nearly score one like it on his debut away at City ? 

I reckon he will make this one look like a tap in by the end of the season 😀😀

Edited by tonyh29

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â