Jhon Durán

PieFacE

That Martinez reaction to the goal sums it up - unbelievable strike. Myself and many around me jokingly shouted "GO ON" as he took his first touch and we'd barely gotten it out by the time the ball was nearly bursting the net. Having a player like that who can get goals out of nothing is like gold dust, especially in this era where a lot of that spontaneity is discouraged. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Hang on. Wasn't I told by someone who "works in football" that Durán wasn't any good and needed to be sold over the summer?

I think I know who you’re referring to.

Would genuinely be interested in hearing his opinion now. I remember (and can locate) a post where they stated that they wouldn’t want him playing for us if we were a championship side and that he’d probably end up playing at that level or a midtable La Liga club.

They signed off their post by saying that when that happens people will conveniently forget they mocked him who was ultimately proven right. Would be interested to know how certain they are of still being proven right. And what they think his valuation now is, which was another highly debated point.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Playing 2 strikers in one team? You are absolutely mental this has never been done in the history of football. 

It's mental how the evolution of football has made the concept of 2 strikers on the pitch or a good old 4 4 2 seem a forbidden art form 😂 which is never to be spoken of.

• Like 1

I don't remember watching a game and laughing when we scored. I usually watch a lot of games on catch-up and contain my sound later on in the evening so I don't wake up the Mrs and our boy but I let out a huge laugh at the strike. It's phenomenal. The sheer audacity. You understand why he keeps lining up long shots when he strikes as brutally as he does. 

Love it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

He's going to do horrible, horrible things to Wycombe.

AND I CAN'T WAIT😈

That's actually an important game for him IMO. See where he's at.

Play properly, score and win. Not messing about thinking he's above it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

That Martinez reaction to the goal sums it up - unbelievable strike. Myself and many around me jokingly shouted "GO ON" as he took his first touch and we'd barely gotten it out by the time the ball was nearly bursting the net. Having a player like that who can get goals out of nothing is like gold dust, especially in this era where a lot of that spontaneity is discouraged. 

Guy next me to was shouting No No No …. 😂

Edited by villaglint
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Your insight into his mind is magnificent. 

He's been here 2 years and has been wanting to leave for a while and was desperate to this summer. It feels unlikely that he'll suddenly sign a new deal just as he's proving he's too good for just substitute appearances? 

5 hours ago, Hiney said:

As he was lining it up I said "ffs, don't shoot from there"

How wrong was I 

I regularly mouth don't shoot to players 20 yards out when they crowd go shoooottttt but Duran even before yesterday I'm thinking has free reign. The guy's got a foot like a traction engine

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

He's been here 2 years and has been wanting to leave for a while and was desperate to this summer. It feels unlikely that he'll suddenly sign a new deal just as he's proving he's too good for just substitute appearances? 

Do we know how long he has on his contract? I could see us maybe after next season cashing in on Ollie with Duran as the main man but if he only has a couple of years left I could see it being hard to get him to sign a new contract without being first choice and even then I get the feeling he wants to join any London club that will take him. If we do try and get a new deal I feel like his agent is clearly such a bell end that he would demand to be the highest paid player. Either way the £40 million Chelsea and West Ham wouldn’t pay for one of the brightest young strikers in world football seems a little foolish now because I don’t think that would come close to getting him in January or next year. 

it did kind of annoy me to see those  clubs not willing to stump up the cash when you see how much they paid for some of there players that are clearly not as good as Duran however I’m delighted because I thought we should keep him anyway. 

I'm biased but for me it's a genuine contender for goal of the season. Of course a better one may be scored but so far this season it's the best goal by quite a distance IMO.

The way Duran hits a ball reminds me of Van Persie, he's a special talent. We have to find a way of playing both him and Ollie and hopefully Unai can do that. 

• Like 1

Interesting that he seems to be gelling  with more and more of the players . 

hopefully this helps him settle but either  way his price tag is going up with every game 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villaglint said:

Playing 2 strikers in one team? You are absolutely mental this has never been done in the history of football. 

We're going to play four, four **** two. 

mike-bassett-angry.gif

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â