Jhon Durán

PieFacE

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t know if it’s been commented on previously but the co commentator’s sole contribution to this passage of play is exceptional.

I believe the exact quote is “Waaaaahaaarghhhhh!!!!”

I couldn’t have put it better myself.

• Haha 3

On 07/09/2024 at 06:41, Lichfield Dean said:

His PR turnaround has been quite remarkable. Maybe he should give some tips to AVFC with regards to image and relations.

He didn't do nothin' but score some goals. Football fans are happy to see the back of a player when they think he's not worth much to the team, but are willing to overlook many things when they're quite good like this lad is.

• Like 2

On 07/09/2024 at 06:41, Lichfield Dean said:

His PR turnaround has been quite remarkable. Maybe he should give some tips to AVFC with regards to image and relations.

The more I think about all that last summer, the more I feel like he's a perfect example of an athlete let down by his agent. A good agent absolutely knows how and when to help their young or inexperienced clients deal with the media. That's actually part of their job -- that's part of why they get those big slices of the pie. A good agent can speak candidly with a client and warn them about delicate situations -- and a good agent keeps an eye on their client's press interactions, particularly if they're greenhorns. I'm not saying Duran doesn't have any responsibility, but I do feel like he wasn't handled by his people very well. Premier league athletes are some of the most public human beings on the planet, after all.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrootVilla said:

He has closed the gap on Watkins, if he keeps improving at this rate he will overtake Ollie within 2 years.

Not at villa. If both stay fit and perform, one of them will be gone next summer imo.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Not at villa. If both stay fit and perform, one of them will be gone next summer imo.

Watkins has earned himself a sizeable grace period due to his wonderful season last time out. 

But if he is underperforming by his standards and we have a couple of poor results that fans deem to be as a result of his profligacy in front of goal then the pressure for Duran to start will be overwhelming. 

There's no getting away from the fact that Duran has had an outstanding start to the season and looks ultra hungry. 

Edited by Steero113

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Watkins has earned himself a sizeable grace period due to his wonderful season last time out. 

But if he is underperforming by his standards and we have a couple of poor results that fans deem to be as a result of his profligacy in front of goal then Duran is going to be starting.

There's no getting away from the fact that Duran has had an outstanding start to the season and looks ultra hungry. 

If we could manage both delicately to have them both performing that is the best result.

I wonder if there will ever be a scenario where both of them could play in the same team and actually complement each other.

You never know.

I'm more worried about how much of a confidence player Ollie is. Then again the same way Duran has seemingly adjusted his mentality for the greater good, Ollie may have to do the same.

He really seemed to crumble when Ings came in.

He'll need to realise that no top club with big aspirations can afford to have him, and only him as the main man.

On 07/09/2024 at 11:24, Pongo Waring said:

Gotta be worth £60 million + right now 

Making the fans on here look silly who were begging Villa and Monchi to accept West Ham's crappy deal. 

I didn't want him to go, purely on his ability....But I wasn't privvy to how difficult he was at BMH....and that was difficult to balance.

I guess in this case, that bad publicity, put off any suitors paying big money for him, and his supposed turn around in his attitude, has worked out well for us.

This boy, could be anything he wants to be, his ability in front of goal is aggressive, and clinical, with both aerial and ground work....I agree, his valuation, has surely risen.

I just hope, he can keep his swashbuckling character, allied to a consummate professional.....If he stays on side with Unai, we can look forward to some player.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we could manage both delicately to have them both performing that is the best result.

I wonder if there will ever be a scenario where both of them could play in the same team and actually complement each other.

You never know.

I'm more worried about how much of a confidence player Ollie is. Then again the same way Duran has seemingly adjusted his mentality for the greater good, Ollie may have to do the same.

He really seemed to crumble when Ings came in.

He'll need to realise that no top club with big aspirations can afford to have him, and only him as the main man.

That would be the worst thing to do, trying to start both would make us weaker. Trying to adjust something not adjustable won’t help at all.

i changed my mind multiple times back and forth over the summer....but on the whole i had a hunch that one of the biggest signings we could make would be Duran staying on.

I was thinking that all it would take is a slightly better season than last, and Duran becomes a 60 - 100m player, and the hottest striker in Europe.

I also think we need to start to think about Watkins long term replacement. I think Duran is that guy, and has the potential to be better. 

To have kept Duran despite seemingly decent bids, the shenanigans and PSR worries, show just how much we were reluctant sellers.

It's now looking like we have 2 x world class strikers at the club.....both worth 60m+ at least. It's bloody incredible. It's so easy to take our current state of affairs for granted, and not take notice of just how amazing things are at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Will give that a watch at half 9, him v Romero will be box office.

Colombia haven't lost for two years in competitive match I think.

What would you be watching it on? Can't find any one showing it... legitimately. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â