Jhon Durán

PieFacE

On 25/08/2024 at 10:21, Anything11 said:

This is the problem with Duran. He appears not a fan of the "work" and hasn't quite got the head yet to see it as a necessary part of the game. Hopefully it comes with time.

Oh I think he has got the head......for scoring.

Can I say it again......What a ************************************************ Header.

Karim Benzemaesque.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

He is going to become an absolute monster if he gets his head down and puts in the right effort. He could go to the very top - think we will get this season from him before a big move. 

• Confused 1

Does seem to have settled down and reintegrated well, if he had to reintegrate.

Bodes well but will be interesting to see how it pans out if he keeps scoring off the bench but not starting, guess he’ll have the opportunities to start games once we get to two games a week regularly.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Does seem to have settled down and reintegrated well, if he had to reintegrate.

Bodes well but will be interesting to see how it pans out if he keeps scoring off the bench but not starting, guess he’ll have the opportunities to start games once we get to two games a week regularly.

I've been thinking about this. It's interesting when you consider some of the distinctive advantages of coming off the bench as a forward. You have an opportunity to analyse your opposition and look for their weaknesses in a very up to the minute manner. It may be that Duran is really using that opportunity he has on the bench to look for holes in defenses. It just seems like a good spot for him right now that plays to his personality, too.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He's actually quite ridiculous for a 20 year old. I can see why Unai and co are sticking by him, the upside is so huge. Crazy find from the MLS.

Yeah even £40m isn't enough, who would we replace him with?

Best U21 / young striker in the PL and there aren't loads of them around Europe either 

i think he seems to be a great complement to Ollie. His goals this season coming from chances in an around the box which i think we know isnt Ollies strength. Will be interesting to see how he evolves or gets chances to show the other parts of his game. I would suspect he will start either a game in europe or in the prem not long after, will be a lot of focus on that performance.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah even £40m isn't enough, who would we replace him with?

Best U21 / young striker in the PL and there aren't loads of them around Europe either 

He genuinely is one of the best in the world in his age group,  if he has a good season his value will skyrocket.

We’ve got more than enough games to play this season for Duran to get a fair share of starts. There are 48 games minimum but likely more as I don’t think we will be knocked out of all cups in the first ties. You can add a potential 5 or 6 more to that, depending how we do. 

Ollie is first choice but he doesn’t need to start them all, better to keep him in top condition and provide rest through rotation. It’s not ideal having him run himself into the ground, we don’t need to with Jhon. I’d say he can expect to start 10 games this season, which is an improvement over last time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

We’ve got more than enough games to play this season for Duran to get a fair share of starts. There are 48 games minimum but likely more as I don’t think we will be knocked out of all cups in the first ties. You can add a potential 5 or 6 more to that, depending how we do. 

Ollie is first choice but he doesn’t need to start them all, better to keep him in top condition and provide rest through rotation. It’s not ideal having him run himself into the ground, we don’t need to with Jhon. I’d say he can expect to start 10 games this season, which is an improvement over last time.

Don't think he would be happy with starting only 10 games this season. If it is that, I'm sure he will be angling for a move again in January or next summer.

On 03/09/2024 at 09:29, rodders129 said:

At this stage it’s undeniable that he’s a proper talent. All the attributes to be a 20 goal a season Premier League CF

In front of the sticks, as a striker, he's dynamite.....just has to learn how to be a forward, and learn how to play in the final third.

• Like 2

If he can develop the necessary refinements to his game, and he matures off the pitch, why on earth would we think about selling him.

Young players with his talent are like goal dust….pardon the pun.

In addition to his talent, aggression is his main attribute….he comes on with one thing on his mind, and this creates chaos for defenders. Very Harland like.

I think, if he embraces the patience required, Unai will make him in to a star.

He just wants to play, that has him, talking about leaving, but any savvy advisers we tell him to take his time and learn properly.

Potentially, we have enough games to keep him happy, but he has to let Unai manage him in a controlled process.

He still has a lot to learn about forward play, he can master the hard bit, scoring, but there is much more to learn.

If Erling Harland recognises the learning process, with his scoring return, John should take a leaf out of his book.

Edited by TRO

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â