Jhon Durán

PieFacE

47 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I do wonder how this would affect Ollie. He seems to thrive when he is the main man

Well, hopefully, it should drive him to keep his place. This is the whole point of competition for places. Duran is pushing the way Ollie keeps playing is doing what he usually does. 

We're a team, not one man.

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He started against City when Ollie wasnt available

Lovely goal that night. His goals to minutes ratio is really good in the league over last 12 months so eventually that needs to translate into starts when the time is right.

Every game he plays he is becoming less of a maverick and more of an all round striker. His header at the weekend. Their defender puts him off balance a second before he leaps. But his athleticism is so great he could still get to it in the air and direct it expertly. Duran has a spring like a salmon. Makes JPAs leap look really low!

It's great that he is becoming more predictable. Becuase that makes the build up play more effective. Will score far more goals that way rather than  hitting the ball on the volley unexpectedly or hitting it early . Last 2 goals have been goals Ollie would have been proud of . Close to goal. Deadly finishing with a bit of finesse

7 hours ago, 5-1 said:

Anyone know the lyrics to his new chant? Saw some videos from Leicester game but couldn't work them out 

asked the same a few pages back...no one seems to know! couldn't work it out saturday

7 hours ago, 5-1 said:

Anyone know the lyrics to his new chant? Saw some videos from Leicester game but couldn't work them out 

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

asked the same a few pages back...no one seems to know! couldn't work it out saturday

Think it’s quite clear in this video for the most part. CBA to write it all out 😅 along the lines of he looks good, he looks fine, Jhon Duran Aston Villa’s number 9, then lovely du du du’s. 😂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I do wonder how this would affect Ollie. He seems to thrive when he is the main man

He can't suddenly start feeling sorry for himself. Ollie needs to find his mojo asap. It will only really become a problem if we're not winning games because at the end of the the day, that's when him not scoring will be considered a problem. 

15 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Need some good man management from Unai to convince JD that he's better off coming on at 60 mins than starting.

A pay rise and new contract might help with that.  I suspect he may have been humbled by the summer if Chelsea pulled out of a deal due to a questionable attitude.

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

I swear I have some sort of chant deafness. I still haven't a scoobie what they are singing. 

I got it all apart from the bit leading into the chrous... everything apart from whatever we've replaced "there she was, just a walking down the street" with. Sounds like a lot of the fans don't know either as it goes suspiciously quiet around the time that line is sung.

Anyone able to help correct the bit on square brackets?

[There she was, just a walking down the street]

Singing do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do.

He looks good (he looks good)

He looks fine (he looks fine)

Jhon Duran (Jhon Duran)

Aston Villa's number 9

Repeat...

• Like 1

This has been a win win in my view, he irritated the crap out of me but we are lucky that he is in our squad.... I just hope in the time to come he realises how lucky he is that he didn't get the move he so desperately wanted..

I may be going soft in my old age but I'm not bothered about his antics thus far, I only care about the present / future.
Also the kind of stuff I did / said at 20 doesn't bear thinking about.

We need to keep this kid, and keep him focused on his game. His potential is enormous.

11 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I don’t think many people expected that he will be forgiven so soon. Already won us 6 points!

#fickle

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I may be going soft in my old age but I'm not bothered about his antics thus far, I only care about the present / future.
Also the kind of stuff I did / said at 20 doesn't bear thinking about.

We need to keep this kid, and keep him focused on his game. His potential is enormous.

Definitely best not to get too upset about it. The online stuff I find funny, as in, I'm laughing at Duran acting like the child he is. Removing Villa pictures from an account? Come on. It's like he's 14.

This is pretty funny.

It's probably not quite the reality of the situation, but even the idea Duran is trying to 'behave' or whatever around people like McGinn is good.

McGinn is exactly the sort of person at the club that should be coming down of Duran like a ton of bricks if he's being a dickhead.

Let Emery and coaches guide him, help him, support him. Let teammates his age and squad profile muck about and be mates with him.

John McGinn? Emi Martinez? Lucas Digne? Demand effort in training. Demand following the plan on the pitch. Force him to become the player he should.

Even now, the chasm between the careers he could have is incredible. He could either be a multiple time major title winner, or play less than 250 matches at a decent level.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â