Jhon Durán

PieFacE

I'd love to see the two of 'em playing together, for some reason I just can't see it working but it could be a deadly partnership if it ever clicked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Duran redemption arc continues.

This probably has a really obvious answer but why is Jhon Duran’s Instagram account called Jader Duran? Is that his real name?

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

This probably has a really obvious answer but why is Jhon Duran’s Instagram account called Jader Duran? Is that his real name?

Its his middle name

4 hours ago, wilko154 said:

This doesn't need to turn into a Watkins vs Duran debate. We've got two class strikers and a lot of games to play this season, it's a great problem to have. Duran now deserves a start against either Everton or Young Boys.

Maybe they could both start those games or at least one of them?

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

This doesn't need to turn into a Watkins vs Duran debate. We've got two class strikers and a lot of games to play this season, it's a great problem to have. Duran now deserves a start against either Everton or Young Boys.

Does seem to be an issue here though that people are petrified of Duran actually starting games and we'd be 0-3 down to Everton if that happened.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think his only starts for us in the prem have come alongside Ollie and they basically spent the first half of those games getting in each other's way. Probably the other occasion was Palace away but everyone could see we couldn't care less about that game and just fulfilled it so not a fair one to judge.

Ollie is a lock to start our first CL game but I do think Everton at home is a perfect one to give him a start and then have Ollie coming on at the hour mark if it hasn't quite worked out.

Need to get beyond this mentality of thinking the only games Duran can be trusted to start in is Wycombe away in third round of league cup.

Just like the start of last season he's getting some crucial minutes and scoring some crucial goals. Hopefully this time we give him more playing time so his form doesn't fade again, and that he doesn't get frustrated again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Does seem to be an issue here though that people are petrified of Duran actually starting games and we'd be 0-3 down to Everton if that happened.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think his only starts for us in the prem have come alongside Ollie and they basically spent the first half of those games getting in each other's way. Probably the other occasion was Palace away but everyone could see we couldn't care less about that game and just fulfilled it so not a fair one to judge.

Ollie is a lock to start our first CL game but I do think Everton at home is a perfect one to give him a start and then have Ollie coming on at the hour mark if it hasn't quite worked out.

Need to get beyond this mentality of thinking the only games Duran can be trusted to start in is Wycombe away in third round of league cup.

He started against City when Ollie wasnt available

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Great comments from the captain. Encouraging, firm but also grounded in terms of realising the squad need to work with him rather than flog him.

Really positive signs. Hopefully his attitude has changed long-term and this isn't just a flash in the pan.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â