Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

You think he should be dropped?

Nah just think he's struggling at the minute, think he will come good in the end.

Duran will push him though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Ollie touched the ball like 13 times today in 60 odd minutes.

Not good enough.

He has a fight on his hands i hope he can cope with pressure of Jhon pushing him.

I don’t even know what point you’re making. Since when do we judge strikers on how many touches they get? And in a single game? Amazing how quickly some of our fans turn on people. Why would you bother…

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Ollie touched the ball like 13 times today in 60 odd minutes.

Not good enough.

He has a fight on his hands i hope he can cope with pressure of Jhon pushing him.

Haaland touched the ball 7 times in the first 30 mins v West Ham and scored 2.

Couldn't give a hoot what Ollie's doing up there if he scores at that rate.

He'll continue to start because he's so disciplined and valuable in general play.

He does need to score chances though...and he will.

• Like 1

Duran is a goal scorer and class and I wouldn’t want him playing against us, however…

He still needs a lot to learn in his all round game imo…tracking back, passing etc

Hey, I’m no coach but Ollie still starts for me, but he is knocking that door down 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Saw a quote from him where’s he asked to be spoken to in Spanish at Villa so he can add that to the five languages he already knows.

I barely know English. 😂

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I reckon Unai (career win rate 53% from over 1000 games) doesn’t pay a huge amount of attention to Gary Neville (career win rate 35% from 28 games) when he’s analysing a game.

• Haha 1

I think Duran needs to start the next game, with Watkins coming on at 60 mins. I really don’t think it’s good for squad morale if the replacements can’t earn a start when they play better than the current starters.

I think Ollie will probably get his place back soon as soon as he hits form, but Duran needs to be given the chance. Everton’s probably not a bad game for it either.

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's that old adage, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. 

Except if your no.1 striker isn't scoring, that would indicate that it actually is broke.

I'm not advocating changing right away, but at the moment Ollie looks way off the pace and it could end up costing us games (may already have done so against Arsenal, who knows).

There's never a good time to drop a player, but when his replacement is outperforming him, I'd say it should be under consideration.

1 hour ago, dukes said:

Except if your no.1 striker isn't scoring, that would indicate that it actually is broke.

I'm not advocating changing right away, but at the moment Ollie looks way off the pace and it could end up costing us games (may already have done so against Arsenal, who knows).

There's never a good time to drop a player, but when his replacement is outperforming him, I'd say it should be under consideration.

Nothing is broke. Watkins is still starting and getting opportunities, he's just not taking them. He hasn't played a full 90 minutes, once, this season. 

Duran is getting exta minutes because Ollie is not his usual efficient self, he is coming on to make an impact, which, he is doing to great effect, so whatever Unai is doing, it is working, hence, the "Don't fix it comment. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

All this talk of him starting is ignoring the fact that his pressing is often as bad as his finishing is great. Villa can't afford for him to start just yet as other teams will play through us. A couple of notable moments in the game where he looked like a training cone the way the ball went right around him.

But god damn he is a great finisher.

• Like 3

As long as Duran is getting those amount of minutes and making the most of them, that is a win, win situation because what better way for Ollie to think he needs to start scoring. Coming on, as a striker,  when the opposition are relatively tired is entirely different from starting the game. 

So....... In January, do we think he will push for a move? Or will he be happy to stay now? I'm sure we will want to keep him, but what will he want to do? He's getting more minutes and lots of support. He will be playing in the Champion's League too. I'm hopeful he will be happy, but it's risky to predict crazy. I should know, I'm married!

Until next time...

images.jpeg

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

In 3 games. You’re talking like this has been a problem for months

Ollie has now 1 goal in 11 for us stretching back to the end of last season

Dont think Duran will start ahead of him but soon it might be a decision for Unai to make

• Like 1

To be honest Duran starting would probably do both him and Ollie some good. Last year Ollie was undroppable, It could well do him the world of good to know that he won't start every game. It might even take a bit of pressure off him.

Then there's Duran, and we all know if his form continues like it currently is and he doesn't get a start he's likely to throw his toys out of the pram. With Villa having so many big games this season it makes sense to see if Duran can be a starting striker, because regardless of form Ollie can't start every game, and right now Duran is the in form striker. 

• Like 1

Duran was a certainly doing what he needs to do to give Unai a selection headache. Be interes To see how he does from the start, I’m sure he’ll start in the League Cup game. 

Unless Watkins hasn’t scored in the league and he’s played to give him a chance of a goal.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â