Jhon Durán

PieFacE

Something has changed. I think the penny may have dropped. He looks far happier, the players look very happy with him also. He’s also basically got us both our wins.

Watkins should be shitting himself. And that’s exactly the way it should be.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Keep working, keep doing what he’s doing, keep his head down off the pitch and showing the positives.  A few games here and there aren’t suddenly going to put him ahead of Watkins who’s proved what he can do.  If he continues performing he’ll get a start eventually and then it’s up to him to keep it.  Watkins has earnt the start imo.

Watkins has, and Duran has always been better as an impact sub. He needs to take his chance when he does start if he wants to seriously  challenge to start in the league regularly.

We also know what a hard time Watkins gives defences even when he's off form. There's  a fair bit of softening up done before Duran comes on. At the moment that seems to be working OK. 

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Like 1

It's difficult because with the way he's started the season then yes, he should be playing ahead of Watkins but I don't think I'd be confident with him actually starting. Watkins has been poor up to now but just always feel comfy and things click together nicely no matter when he does play. Obviously the JD super sub worked a treat against West Ham and Leicester today but then thought we got worse when he was introduced v Arsenal 🤷‍♂️

Either way, there's not many clubs in this league who have a better back up striker than us I'd say. Unbelievable header today I should add. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

It's difficult because with the way he's started the season then yes, he should be playing ahead of Watkins but I don't think I'd be confident with him actually starting. Watkins has been poor up to now but just always feel comfy and things click together nicely no matter when he does play. Obviously the JD super sub worked a treat against West Ham and Leicester today but then thought we got worse when he was introduced v Arsenal 🤷‍♂️

Either way, there's not many clubs in this league who have a better back up striker than us I'd say. Unbelievable header today I should add. 

I totally agree. The worry then becomes how do you keep your quality sub striker happy if he can’t start even when you’re starting striker is missing easy chances. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I totally agree. The worry then becomes how do you keep your quality sub striker happy if he can’t start even when you’re starting striker is missing easy chances. 

Hi missed easy chances last week but this weeks were a bit different. The first he was closed down very quickly and the second was a very good reflex save. 

Great performance again.

I still think Ollie deserves to start because he’s got much more credit in the bank, we need him to find form, and he’s still far far better at pressing, being in position, etc.

Duran is an incredible impact sub, and a quality backup to Ollie when he needs resting.

My view on this might change if Big Jhon starts doing a bit more work out of possession. But there’s still a bit of laziness there that needs hammering out of him.

Don’t mean that to sound overly critical, because I love so much about his game and think he has so much potential. Seems like Emery is handling him well, just need the boy to realise that it won’t happen overnight.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looking so much happier and banging in the goals… again, the likes of JJ, Rogers and Onana are helping:

Onana in particular seems to have taken him under his wing

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

But always looks superb off the bench but I’ve not been convinced when he’s started.  I’d still be starting Watkins imo then bring on Duran for the unpredictability when opposing players are starting to lose energy.  Watkins gives us more all around as a striker at the moment.

He hasn't in the first three games this season IMO. Duran actually takes some really nice touches which has helped our buildup.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â