Jhon Durán

PieFacE

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Watching the highlights, this is Duran celebrating. What are those two Leicester fans laughing at? 😀

T19RrwZ.jpeg

Could they be Villa fans in the home end?

20 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Surely starts the next game. 

Nah, he can’t yet to be honest.

As much as he’s scored a couple of crucial goals, he hasn’t done much else really (but hey, goals win games!) whereas Watkins is like the opposite player; doing the right things but not scoring.

Great option off the bench - fantastic header today - and certainly pushing for a starting place, but he’s a couple of games of Ollie being off it still before he gets it IMO. 

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Watching the highlights, this is Duran celebrating. What are those two Leicester fans laughing at? 😀

T19RrwZ.jpeg

Saw it live - one of them did the Hammers cross thing to him when celebrating. Laughing about that and possibly a Duran reaction to it.

3 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

He is a finisher, won’t put in the work rate Ollie does (and not many do, ala Halland) but he’s out most natural goal scorer. 

Our OGS?

Thank f"CK we kept him in the end ..

• Like 2

He still needs to prove himself from the start of a match. 

You can't deny his talent though. Teams would kill to have one good striker yet we have two very good ones. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

If he keeps this up for a period of time he can go down as a real favourite... Already forgiven him for the transfer crap as he seems to be apologising with goals!

I was hoping  for flowers, but goals will do

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's a much more natural number nine than Ollie, deserves a start.

How can he start though unless you drop Watkins. Maybe when we have 2 games per week and rotation is needed.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

He's a much more natural number nine than Ollie, deserves a start.

But always looks superb off the bench but I’ve not been convinced when he’s started.  I’d still be starting Watkins imo then bring on Duran for the unpredictability when opposing players are starting to lose energy.  Watkins gives us more all around as a striker at the moment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Nah, he can’t yet to be honest.

As much as he’s scored a couple of crucial goals, he hasn’t done much else really (but hey, goals win games!) whereas Watkins is like the opposite player; doing the right things but not scoring.

Great option off the bench - fantastic header today - and certainly pushing for a starting place, but he’s a couple of games of Ollie being off it still before he gets it IMO. 

I thought his overall play against west ham was excellent. Way better than Watkins. 

Watkins didn't finish last season in good form, Duran scored a brace against Liverpool. 

I'd be inclined to give him a start. To be fair to Duran what more can he do? The current starter is in woeful form and he's making things happen when he's on the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

How can he start though unless you drop Watkins. Maybe when we have 2 games per week and rotation is needed.

Nothing wrong with dropping Watkins if he ain't delivering 

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

To be fair to Duran what more can he do?

Keep working, keep doing what he’s doing, keep his head down off the pitch and showing the positives.  A few games here and there aren’t suddenly going to put him ahead of Watkins who’s proved what he can do.  If he continues performing he’ll get a start eventually and then it’s up to him to keep it.  Watkins has earnt the start imo.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I thought his overall play against west ham was excellent. Way better than Watkins. 

Watkins didn't finish last season in good form, Duran scored a brace against Liverpool. 

I'd be inclined to give him a start. To be fair to Duran what more can he do? The current starter is in woeful form and he's making things happen when he's on the pitch. 

He can’t do much more - he has to keep delivering as he is and putting pressure on Watkins.

Dropping a guy who has just had a stunning season (and part of summer) after 3 games though? It isn’t happening. The team can’t be that flimsy in terms of form changes.

If Duran keeps working and Watkins keeps not delivering, though, he’ll get his chance. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â