Jhon Durán

PieFacE

7 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Needs to start. He's a machine!

I don't think so his all round play still isn't good enough. This is a great place for him now he's so good off the bench and should do so regularly at 60 mins or so. Last year he kept coming on too late and maybe Unai didn't trust him as much. 

He's so naturally talented, his overall play is understandably not there yet but he can score a goal out of nothing like few players in the league can and it's such a weapon to have.

He's earned his chance to start for me. In limited minutes this season he has two goals and was unlucky not to have an excellent assist against Arsenal but for Saliba's excellent recovery on Ramsey. He can't have done much more to stake his claim.

He reminds me a little of Drogba. In that he is a nuisance for defenders, a physical beast and can score contrasting goals like towering headers and powerful volleys.

Bear in mind, when Drogba was Duran's age, he was playing in the French second division. The ceiling for Duran is sky high.

• Shocked 1

Give him a new long term contract … all the summer hyperbole from some on here over a stupid gesture online was laughable - not many better 20 yo strikers out there 

I think it's worth starting him, he certainly deserves the reward, and it might give Watkins either the rest or a kick up the arse he needs.

• Thanks 1

What a quality header. Knew it was in as he made contact.

His hold up play is also improving when we launch counters.

I really think he needs to be starting v Everton.

The reason he creates a fuss every transfer window is due to us not trusting him to start prem games when he's in better form than Ollie and here we are.

Think it's logical aswell given there's 72 hours between Everton and Young Boys games.

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Surely starts the next game. 

If we want him to stop moaning when a transfer window opens it really needs to happen. He's in better form than Ollie and he scored at home to Everton last season so I really don't understand any argument as to why not.

Only issue is he'll be playing in South America while Ollie will be in Dublin and London in next two weeks so jet lag becomes an issue but based on what we're seeing on the pitch there's no contest. Duran has started this season as sharp as possible for the minutes he's getting.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â