Jhon Durán

PieFacE

23 minutes ago, villa89 said:

West ham have moved on, that's why they signed fullkrug. Chelsea might come back in for him now that the world can see Nicolas Jackson is still just as bad as he was last season and Nkunku isn't the answer either. 

Not necessarily. Antonio and ings have no more than 12 months left on their contracts and all their 3 current strikers are over 30. Duran is a long term solution and, if they don't get him this year, will be priced out next summer after Duran has more CL and PL experience. Also one of the west ham podcasters is claiming itk info that the club are still interested but haven't yet done back with a new bid.

He shouid stay. Emery will.makr him into a world class striker and he will get a lot of gane time this season as Emery is going to have to manage the squad very carefully throughout the season.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He shouid stay. Emery will.makr him into a world class striker and he will get a lot of gane time this season as Emery is going to have to manage the squad very carefully throughout the season.

I really hope he does. I think he will always be edgy and highly Strung.

but the talent is mind blowing. He could be anything he wants to be, but where have we heard that before?

I am still unsure, if he really wants to stay with us, but I wouldn't think Arsenal want to face him in this form, so I bet they hope he goes.

I have to trust Unai on this....fingers crossed.

• Like 3

I think Jhon is certainly turning a few heads, amongst his peers.

The time kinda feels like when Andy Gray first came, and the uncertainty for opponents soon turned in to total trepidation.

JD will frighten the Bejaysus out of so many.

ps how would I sum him up in one word?.....Explosive!!!

pps and the 3 P's.....Power, Pace and Personality.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Jhon Duran is the perfect back up striker out there. Actually I think he’s no longer a “back up” he’s now the best “super sub” out there. His strength, speed and randomness is just the last thing tired defenders need to deal with. How can they close down a game when this big daft lump won’t chill the f*** out. 

If Jhon can play the way he did on Saturday for a whole 90 minutes he’s going to get picked ahead of Ollie for a lot more games 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Jhon Duran is the perfect back up striker out there. Actually I think he’s no longer a “back up” he’s now the best “super sub” out there. His strength, speed and randomness is just the last thing tired defenders need to deal with. How can they close down a game when this big daft lump won’t chill the f*** out. 

If Jhon can play the way he did on Saturday for a whole 90 minutes he’s going to get picked ahead of Ollie for a lot more games 

assuming he stays, i can see him being first choice for FA Cup and League Cup games

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I still love Ollie for so many reasons, but he can't match him for raw aggression.

I still see games where that aggression, will be magical for us.....We are in a very envious position of having 2 very good front men....over to the Maestro to keep them happy.

I am hoping our young squad, much of his own age, can persuade him to stay.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, imavillan said:

assuming he stays, i can see him being first choice for FA Cup and League Cup games

To be fair to Ollie, we probably squeezed a bit too much out of him anyway.....He needs to keep fresh, to help with his International Career too.

but the boy, has a real claim, now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Jhon is certainly turning a few heads, amongst his peers.

The time kinda feels like when Andy Gray first came, and the uncertainty for opponents soon turned in to total trepidation.

ps how would I sum him up in one word?.....Explosive!!!

pps and the 3 P's.....Power, Pace and Personality.

Yes thst cameo against West Ham highlighted all his qualities. He's got the lot and I'm guessing if he does go then we have a backup plan. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes thst cameo against West Ham highlighted all his qualities. He's got the lot and I'm guessing if he does go then we have a backup plan. 

I honestly don't think there are that many 20 year olds with the potential he has, we could go after.

His ceiling is high.....I just don't know, what he is like at BMH and how non-compliant he is, Only Unai can balance that up.

It would be a crying shame if he does leave and then mature, somewhere else.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I honestly don't think there are that many 20 year olds with the potential he has, we could go after.

His ceiling is high.....I just don't know, what he is like at BMH and how non-compliant he is, Only Unai can balance that up.

It would be a crying shame if he does leave and then mature, somewhere else.

I turning to your way of thinking now. Don't care about Felix. We don't need him but we need to keep Duran. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I turning to your way of thinking now. Don't care about Felix. We don't need him but we need to keep Duran. 

Even with Duran staying, still think we need another attacker, an "unlocker" like Baena to replace Diaby.

• Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

For me Paul....They offer different things.

Joao Felix is more subtle and has silky skill.

Jhon Duran is more explosive, and powerful ( but still learning) and Direct.

In terms of overall effect....Unai will know what to go for, for the group.

5 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Put him on Acorns visits, might help him mature a little. 

Or buy his some Cathedral Cheese.

we can then pray he matures.

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Put him on Acorns visits, might help him mature a little. 

Many sticks to beat him with but he always seems to get involved with the kids and those with disabilities pre-match, seems to genuinely enjoy the interactions too

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TRO said:

For me Paul....They offer different things.

Joao Felix is more subtle and has silky skill.

Jhon Duran is more explosive, and powerful ( but still learning) and Direct.

In terms of overall effect....Unai will know what to go for, for the group.

Very true. I was basing it on  what Emery said  before that we need to sell  players before we buy more, although I'm not sure whether the Archer sale means we can add another attacker to the squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

People said the same of Ballotelli. But I think that might have had something to do with the darts that he used to throw at man city youth players when he was bored.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

Totally, that's why his agents getting in his ear for a move was so **** stupid. This season if he gets his head down and works hard he will get loads of games in the cups and good minutes in the PL and probably the CL too. At this stage of his career working with Emery and having those opportunities is probably as good as it gets for him.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â