Jhon Durán

PieFacE

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i guess the question is, they have spent a net 100m ish already, can they actually afford 40m on another player??

If they sell Kudus easily.

When I look at strikers that we are occasionally linked with, I ask myself a question. What would he be like to play against? In Duran's case it would be a frightening prospect imo.

Imagine the scenario ....  After 60 minutes of an already tiring game defenders look to the touchline and see the "scowling Columbian Hitman" waiting to come on.  Having to face an aggressive battering ram of a player who is buzzing with testosterone and deadly finishing skills should be a nightmare.

All you have to do Jhon is to stay focussed and the stage is yours.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

£40m feels light.

This guy could be a huge difference maker for us this season.

I forgot how much of an impact he makes.

And the more he plays and keeps up his goals per minute ratio it becomes more evident that he is a little bit special. Even that finish yesterday, it wasn't any way special but the power he generates in even placed finishes makes them so hard to stop. Can see him scoring some prime Adriano type piledrivers over the course of the season too.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

£40m feels light.

I really do feel that, if Duran sorts his head out, he will be one of the best strikers in the world.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

£40m feels light.

At least a 10% sell-on clause also, I'd be asking for £50 million now, west ham tried to get him on the cheap, now there going to have to pay through the nose for him, me personally I'd take him off the market & offer him a new contract. He defo will get more minutes than last season, it's not like the Kane situation when he was at Spurs where nobody would play 2nd fiddle to Kane, as good as Ollie is there is a 2nd striker at Villa breathing down his neck & with time could potentially take over Watkins position as the main striker at our club

42 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I will be absolutely livid if we sell him to West Ham now. 

£50m to go to Saudi, I'd be OK with, but strengthening a direct rival with one of the hottest prospects in Europe is not my idea of sensible business, FFP or no FFP. 

Yeh I’m more on board with this way of thinking. Anything £50m+ to West Ham and I MIGHT be ok with it but £40m feels light.

We’re talking about one of the best young strikers in the world here and everyone knows that finding a decent striker for anything less than 50/60m is incredibly difficult. 

Id rather him stay and us just sign Geertruida and be done with. 

Pleased for Unai that Jhon seemed to respond well to very good man management. I wanted him gone after the hammers thing and I maintain it was disrespectful to the club. But happy to be proved wrong and that he can mature into a more intelligent player.

• Like 1

I’m happy to keep him if he keeps his head down. He will get plenty of minutes this season. 

Now the seasons started, I don’t want much more change in the squad if we can help it. 

50m +  is the new asking price. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Emery believes in him and wants to keep him. That should be enough for all us fans. 

Yes, as he's the one who knows him best. We've had a few indiscretions from him but nothing that he can't come back from if he knuckles down. 

• Like 1

I feel if Duran had continued to throw the toys of pram, been dropped from the squad, and continued to push for a transfer, the proce stays at 40m. 

But if behind the scenes he has shown signs of turning a corner and maturing, the price had to jump. Particularly as we are now that much closer to the deadline, so finding a replacement has become harder. 

Total guess here, but seems to me he has had clear the air talks with Emery, and everyone is on board with him stays. I feel that Archer leaving fits in with that narrative. 

If he stays, he will likely start some league matches against lower third opposition, League Cup matches, and early round FA Cup matches. If we get bounced down to the UEFA League, he'll probably get some starts in that as well. He will also feature plenty as a sub. He will have ample opportunity to show the world how good he is.

Edited by maqroll

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If he stays, he will likely start some league matches against lower third opposition, League Cup matches, and early round FA Cup matches. If we get bounced down to the UEFA League, he'll probably get some starts in that as well. He will also feature plenty as a sub. He will have ample opportunity to show the world how good he is.

There is no bouncing down the Europe League anymore under the new format.

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â