Jhon Durán

PieFacE

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Seemed like the first time all players surrounded and celebrated with him… we have more around his age now too. Maybe he feels a part of things more? Great to see the collective joy. Maybe he’s part of the friends group with JJ and Rogers, and a few more. Youri was slapping the crap out of his back 😂

Ideal scenario is that he stays and is focussed on us… maybe handing him the number 9 shirt has helped…

I think it’s evident that this a talent that Unai does not really want to lose and he’s willing to work on him and iron out any issues… quality and high potential CFs are relatively rare and almost priceless these days… Plus, he’s all we really have as a real alternative to Ollie, Archer is gone. We have a future successor here, has all the attributes.

His celebration has made me believe that he intends to stay put too. It would take an offer that’s too good to turn down but… at this point, we would be scrambling for a replacement (amidst our present business and targets) so… I think he stays and hopefully matures. Until the next window 😂

I am taken aback by the maturity of Onana, reminds me of Bellingham in interviews, so Mature, for such a young boy.

Where I am going with this is, I think he could have a steadying affect on Jhon, and as you rightly say, we now have such a group of young players, all with astonishing ability, and the camaraderie could be infectious.

I hope JD can settle with us Jas, because, he is an unpolished diamond imo.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I am taken aback by the maturity of Onana, reminds me of Bellingham in interviews, so Mature, for such a young boy.

Where I am going with this is, I think he could have a steadying affect on Jhon, and as you rightly say, we now have such a group of young players, all with astonishing ability, and the camaraderie could be infectious.

I hope JD can settle with us Jas, because, he is an unpolished diamond imo.

The signs were encouraging yesterday… maybe he has a few in his age group to show him the way now and some friendship.

• Like 1

Don’t think he’s going anywhere, we would be in a mad dash to replace him and unlikely we would get anyone as good. Think Unai has gotten through to him, for now.

I don’t think we bat an eyelid unless we get an offer of 50m+ with significant add ons, clauses, sell on percentage. Maybe 60 minimum. 

• Like 1

He has the shot of a Sniper.

one of the best techniques, I have seen for striking the ball.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t think he’s going anywhere, we would be in a mad dash to replace him and unlikely we would get anyone as good. Think Unai has gotten through to him, for now.

I don’t think we bat an eyelid unless we get an offer of 50m+ with significant add ons, clauses, sell on percentage. Maybe 60 minimum. 

That performance was win, win.....He has increased his value, and I hope he stays.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

That performance was win, win.....He has increased his value, and I hope he stays.

He will increase it even further, as well as exposure, if he appears and scores in CL.

Either way, we can benefit. Have a star player for the future or make a massive profit.

• Like 1

Every player has their price in a PSR world. Monchi will have a long long list of players for every position in case we need to sign a replacement. 

I just don't see how or why we would weaken the attack when we're already short there.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Every player has their price in a PSR world. Monchi will have a long long list of players for every position in case we need to sign a replacement. 

I just don't see how or why we would weaken the attack when we're already short there.

Especially this close to the end of the window… unless we had someone lined up.

It’s not the best time to sell either, his value will soar I believe… especially if he gets noticed by more clubs in the CL.

Just now, Jas10 said:

He will increase it even further, as well as exposure, if he appears and scores in CL.

Either way, we can benefit. Have a star player for the future or make a massive profit.

I am no expert on world football, but I can't see us, getting a better front man than him, in terms of pure footballing ability.

Just now, TRO said:

I am no expert on world football, but I can't see us, getting a better front man than him, in terms of pure footballing ability.

That’s debatable but a young prospect with so much potential… not likely. We can be one eyed and biased too as fans…

If we had more time (also to negotiate and work on a deal) and a long scouting process perhaps… although I believe our department and network have all of that covered and ahead of time anyway. As Monchi said, we start with a massive list of players and then narrow that down.

But we have to take into account a period of adjustment… Jhon has been here for a while now and has adapted. He is ready to go whenever or however he is involved. We’ve just let Cam go, we have no one else to support Ollie or his position .

We would have to start from scratch with another youngster… unless they’re special.

It would be mad to sell to someone in the same league too, unless the offer was kind of astronomical.

I don’t think that’s our intention and why we haven’t done it yet, have we? We haven’t sold a good/important player to another PL team? Cast offs and youngsters unlikely to be involved, sure. But I think the intention is to avoid strengthening any of our rivals and those with the potential to be.

Another thing is, the season is underway and we need him. Even if we have a replacement lined up, we would lose an Ollie alternative for at least a game or two and I think we are going all out to try and win every game… we have already started with intention and purpose.

We won’t leave ourselves short.

I don't want to sell him under any circumstances. We don't need to, and we'll need him around. He's going to go for 100m plus easily. But not now.

My one worry about him was him being ostracised, but seeing the players celebrate with him yesterday is encouraging.

Maybe somebody can drop his agent off in the middle of the Amazon...

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Unai gave him immense praise yesterday - everyone has their price ultimately - but don't expect him to go unless a £40m or offer comes in. 

It’s not enough. Think we sold Cam because John is staying too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Actually looked class. A more complete package of a striker. I don't think I'm getting too OTT but I think they'll be a nagging thought in Watkins head of "...Oh no. He's coming."

Duran has the ability to dwarf Watkins achievements considering he's only 20 currently. He's lightyears ahead. Just needs to chill. Find a girl. Settle down. If he wants he can marry.

Look at me, I am old but I'm happy.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

It’s not enough. Think we sold Cam because John is staying too.

Given what West Ham spent and what Spurs spent, it’s very hard to get a quality striker for many clubs without spending big. I think Unai giving Jhon the 9 shirt and dropping all this praise on him is deserved for the goal yesterday but also sage managerial stuff. Judging by his Instagram stories, Jhon thrives off his confidence but also praise and love. Maybe Unai putting his arm around him like a father is what he needs. It doesn’t guarantee anything, but look how Jack was transformed by similar treatment from Deano.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Given what West Ham spent and what Spurs spent, it’s very hard to get a quality striker for many clubs without spending big. I think Unai giving Jhon the 9 shirt and dropping all this praise on him is deserved for the goal yesterday but also sage managerial stuff. Judging by his Instagram stories, Jhon thrives off his confidence but also praise and love. Maybe Unai putting his arm around him like a father is what he needs. It doesn’t guarantee anything, but look how Jack was transformed by similar treatment from Deano.

Agreed and I think he needs it from his teammates too… I enjoyed the celebrations yesterday. We have such a good group.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed and I think he needs it from his teammates too… I enjoyed the celebrations yesterday. We have such a good group.

Given the similar ages of Morgan, JJ and Ian, I think it’s the perfect way to help him feel settled amongst the players too. Everyone looked very happy yesterday. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Given the similar ages of Morgan, JJ and Ian, I think it’s the perfect way to help him feel settled amongst the players too. Everyone looked very happy yesterday. 

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, TRO said:

He has the shot of a Sniper.

one of the best techniques, I have seen for striking the ball.

Plus has a rocket shot on him, plus tenacity, and still so young.

If his mentality aligns with his potential he can be a frightening forward.

Ollie isn't always going to be at his best, I think all the kid may want is a little more faith shown to him.

We have alot more games this season to hopefully show him that.

The problem is that if he starts to realise his potential the worry based on evidence is he'll be off as soon as a quote bigger club call but upside is his value will be a massive premium 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â