Jhon Durán

PieFacE

7 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I admit that I have always liked Jhon. He is an unreal talent in my eyes. I accept that he has some growing up to do but the ability is there.

I thought he looked like he had improved massively today. Sometimes, young players can develop a huge amount in between seasons and he really looks like that could have happened to him.
Our subs were incredible today and maybe they were the difference in the end. He is so difficult to defend against. He could really fly this season. Let’s hope he does so with us.

Re the improvement I agree.

I was thinking at one stage that he was playing more maturely.

Some intelligent passes and runs.

• Like 1

If he does leave, he'll look back with regret in under 5 years at what an opportunity he wasted.

Players in very similar situations are thanking their lucky stars to be learning from Emery. Maatsen, Onana, Enzo, Ned as the foreign contingent. To throw in with the Brits of Philogene, JJ, Rogers, SIJ.

Surely it'll sink in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He got many goals and many assists today, fair play Kudus 

When your beer wears off, you will notice that he got exactly the same number of goals/assists as 23 out of 28 players today.

On todays showing, Bailey hit the post from 6 yards out when it was easier to score.

I think his celebration was very interesting as was stories last year nobody celebrated with him. I never paid that much attention to notice but all the young players went to him after his goal

Hopefully its a sign he has found friends

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think his celebration was very interesting as was stories last year nobody celebrated with him. I never paid that much attention to notice but all the young players went to him after his goal

Plus an apology of sorts to the Villa fans 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Interestingly, about a minute before he scored I noticed Rogers going apeshit at him for not closing down. Yet the way Rogers celebrated with him....

After what I saw, I admit I was wrong doubting not selling him. I rated him but had many concerns, his performance was different in many aspects. 
Also keeping now will help raising his value (people started noticing him).

Not much time to find a better prospect. Just keep him and let’s think what we shall do later on. 

Most teams don’t have a good strikers let alone two. 

54 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

His out of possession work still isn't where it needs to be. Rogers was all over him about it at one stage.

Going forward he is a super talent.

Missed this, but good.

If his contemporaries are hammering him with the same stuff the manager is maybe he'll listen.

In the presser on Friday Emery mentioned Rogers work ethic.

Maybe Unai should start calling Duran a championship player until he starts working harder off the ball.

Seemed like the first time all players surrounded and celebrated with him… we have more around his age now too. Maybe he feels a part of things more? Great to see the collective joy. Maybe he’s part of the friends group with JJ and Rogers, and a few more. Youri was slapping the crap out of his back 😂

Ideal scenario is that he stays and is focussed on us… maybe handing him the number 9 shirt has helped…

I think it’s evident that this a talent that Unai does not really want to lose and he’s willing to work on him and iron out any issues… quality and high potential CFs are relatively rare and almost priceless these days… Plus, he’s all we really have as a real alternative to Ollie, Archer is gone. We have a future successor here, has all the attributes.

His celebration has made me believe that he intends to stay put too. It would take an offer that’s too good to turn down but… at this point, we would be scrambling for a replacement (amidst our present business and targets) so… I think he stays and hopefully matures. Until the next window 😂

Edited by Jas10

1 minute ago, Enda said:

To be fair; he should have scored two!

And if the goal was 10 cm either way instead of right at the keeper, he may have scored none.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him leave still.

Not squaring that one to JJ was criminal.

30 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Actually looked class. A more complete package of a striker. I don't think I'm getting too OTT but I think they'll be a nagging thought in Watkins head of "...Oh no. He's coming."

Duran has the ability to dwarf Watkins achievements considering he's only 20 currently. He's lightyears ahead. Just needs to chill. Find a girl. Settle down. If he wants he can marry.

Think he has, maybe even got a kid too. Remember his celebration with Coutinho, did the Bebeto? Phil was asking him and smiling… after his first goal, against Everton.

Edited by Jas10

If the boy had the disposition of Amadou.....He would have serious, serious, potential.

I can't say to what degree his character is a distraction, because, I simply don't know. Talking purely football on the pitch, he is a powerhouse.

His ability to strike the ball with accuracy, is up there with the best, and his desire to cause chaos, is exciting and intoxicating.

Jhon Duran, is an exciting player, with effervescence to die for.....when he came on our energy levels with the other YOUNG boys, went up a gear.

I hope he stays, I never wanted him to leave ( footballing wise, but I have to trust Unai's judgement on that) our stance on him was vindicated, by that performance alone.

If he can conform to a group, mature in his outlook.....we have some player on our hands.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â